This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, okay

Woman comes up to me as I'm filling merchandise off the truck last night, asks me "Where's your alcohol?"

Thinking she just asked me "Where's your booze," I tell her we don't carry any.

"What? You don't carry rubbing alcohol?"

Oh, that alcohol. I ushered her over to pharmacy to find the rubbing alcohol.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh
    Woman comes up to me as I'm filling merchandise off the truck last night, asks me "Where's your alcohol?"

Thinking she just asked me "Where's your booze," I tell her we don't carry any.

"What? You don't carry rubbing alcohol?"

Oh, that alcohol. I ushered her over to pharmacy to find the rubbing alcohol.
    I've done that. Mainly in the first few months after starting my job here in Maryland, which doesn't allow booze type alcohol to be sold anywhere but liquor stores. I'm from Tennessee where we could sell beer in grocery stores and connivence stores.
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

I totally would have done the same thing.

Comment

HA! Funny, but understandable.
        The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

who asks for rubbing alcohol as alcohol? I generally ask for antiseptics, as they're usually all in one place.
          "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
          "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
            who asks for rubbing alcohol as alcohol? I generally ask for antiseptics, as they're usually all in one place.
            Everybody that came looking for it when I worked in the Volde-mart pharmacy? I honestly can't remember anyone ever asking for antiseptics.
            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

That's why I tend to ask "define alcohol".

But then, when I ask people to "Define Oil", as I carry both cooking oil and motor oil, I still get "You know, OIL" from people.

I'd roll my eyes, but those muscles are tired.
              Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
                who asks for rubbing alcohol as alcohol?
                *raises hand*
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

eh... it probably has to do with the facts that I use Neosporin and a few other antiseptics/disinfectants, rather than rubbing alchy or hydrogen peroxide. Those look like it burns my skin!
                  "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                  "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Good luck drinking the rubbing alcohol.
                    If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

Quoth Nyoibo View Post
                      Good luck drinking the rubbing alcohol.
                      Better chase that down with a bottle of Maalox . . . but then that might go over as well as malt vinegar.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                      X