This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "What does this mean?"

10 years ago when I worked at CVS, phone cards were a little more popular, although were still on their way out. We had a sale going on for buy-one-get-one-free for these phone cards.

A woman, who was at least 25 with her husband/boyfriend was approaching the counter when she spotted the rack of phone cards with the big BOGO sign. She looked really confused. You know, that kind of confused where it looks like she's thinking hard and it hurts. She turns to her husband.

Her: "What's this mean?"
    Him: "What, phone cards? You can buy one of these and it gives you minutes on a--"
    Her: "No, I know that. I mean the sign."
    Him: "Buy one get one free?"
    Her: "Yeah."
    Him: "Well, that just means if you buy a phone card you'll get another for free." (is there any clearer way to put that?)
    Her: "Huh?"
    Him: "Ok, if you take two phone cards and put them on the counter, you only have to pay for one of them."
    Her: "But... what if I only want one?"
    Him: "Why would you just get one when you can get two?!"
    Her: "I dunno... man, this is confusing."
    Him: "Are you looking to buy phone cards right now?"
    Her: "No."
    Him: "Then don't worry about it."

If I recall correctly, when he finally came to my counter with his stuff there was a small dispute from him over the meaning of 50% off and how sales tax was applied. But I sort of forget the specifics of that exchange. I do remember, though, the girlfriend blankly staring at the phone cards during the transaction, presumably trying to figure out the mystery of what "Buy one get one free" really means.
    Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
    Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
    Fiancee: What?!
    Me: Nevermind.

wow what a ditz....wonder if she can tell left from right.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Working...
    X