This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My brain burps get worse...

I'm used to asking where something is in a store only to be stood right in front of it, I can just about cope with trying to put the milk in the oven & my cup ot tea in the fridge and I'm positively brilliant at walking out of a room to get something and forgetting what I'm going for, but today I cost myself too much money!

I washed my weekly bus ticket
    I could have sworn I put it back in my purse yesterday too
    All thats left is fluffy red tinged bits stuck to my clothes in the washing machine
    Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Aw that sucks, I've washed money before, hate it when you find a very soggy falling apart £10 note...
    My Crafting Profile http://www.craftster.org/forum/index...ofile;u=139859

Comment

At least that's one good thing about American bills (notes). Our money doesn't fall apart when you wash it!

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
        At least that's one good thing about American bills (notes). Our money doesn't fall apart when you wash it!
        True and if you are doing other's laundry and find money it's finders keepers
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
          True and if you are doing other's laundry and find money it's finders keepers
          Only if you don't tell them about it.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Ah, yes, the oft hard-learned lesson to never do the laundry without checking all pockets first.

Even when I know there's nothing in any of my pockets, I still sometimes find random objects. Thankfully, the really expensive stuff (like my cellphone) tends to fall out during the transfer to the basket. And, yes, I have had my $500 cellphone fall out of my pants pocket prior to my taking a load down to the laundry room.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
              Only if you don't tell them about it.
              My mom is notorious for this . . . I've lost count of how many bank cards I've laundered over the years.

I would keep her bank card for myself, but I have one of my own already and it's on the same account, so that idea is probably moot.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
                Well, sometimes it does. I was with a friend at work one day when she happened to find a mashed-up little roll of paper in her pocket. She very painstakingly peeled it apart and found a $20 bill that had gone through the wash in her jeans pocket. You could just about make out the denomination. It was in pretty bad shape.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                  She very painstakingly peeled it apart and found a $20 bill that had gone through the wash in her jeans pocket. You could just about make out the denomination. It was in pretty bad shape.
                  Try receiving a cheque stub that's been through the wash, & you're expected to extract enough information to be able to draw up a set of accounts from it. And this particular client is notorious for losing receipts...
                  "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

With US currency at least, there is a way to get it replaced -- Send it to the national Mint (or words to that effect, Google should be of use here). They have a service where, as long as they can positively ID a damaged/destroyed bill (meaning, at least three intact corners), they will replace it with fresh currency. It's mainly used by businesses that have been obliged to take in bills that are in bad shape from the occasional cursetomer, but I believe they will do it for civilians as well. I've seen a video article on the process (it was years ago), and they were able to get proper ID's on money that had been all but shredded; as long as they had those 3 corners from a single bill, they were able to issue replacements.
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

The ex-husband once left a $1 bill in the laundry. It ended up jamming up the water pump in the washer, and cost $100 to get the washer fixed. I kept the old water pump, very carefully fished out enough of the pieces to tape together to take back to the bank for a replacement.
                      Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Working...
                      X