Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspirin on food stamps? Don't think so!

A woman on the Uscan had just one item- a box of aspirin. She scans it and goes to pay for it with her EBT card and hits the food button. It doesn't work because... aspirin isn't food or drink. She stands there blankly after her card is rejected.

Me: Miss, how are you paying?
    Woman: Food Stamps.
    Me: Oh I guess you hit the food button by accident, slide the card again and hit the cash button.
    Woman: But doesn't this count for food?
    Me: No, only foods and drinks can be paid for by food stamps.

Her response to this?

"Well you put it in your mouth."

By that logic, you should be able to buy cigarettes with food stamps, too. Because you put those in your mouth.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

You can buy gum 'cause you put it in your mouth. I did it once (was expecting to shell out cash for it andit just went through).
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

yeah, the food stamp rules are weird. but they TELL YOU the rules when you get the ebt card. so no excuses, unless she was asleep during....oh yeah. forgot where i was. dangit

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
          By that logic, you should be able to buy cigarettes with food stamps, too. Because you put those in your mouth.
          So a gigolo would count too i guess.

Comment

EBT must work at the liquor store too.
            GFY

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
              So a gigolo would count too i guess.
              That was the first thing I thought of but I decided to restrain myself.
              "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
                But where's the fun in that?
                The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

An Flexible Spending Account card, yes, but EBTs...no.
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Sunshine View Post
                    yeah, the food stamp rules are weird. but they TELL YOU the rules when you get the ebt card. so no excuses, unless she was asleep during....oh yeah. forgot where i was. dangit
                    Well, sort of. I tried to buy one of those protein bars, and my EBT was declined. I guess it's considered a supplement, since it's merchandised with the protein powders and such. But I didn't throw a fit. I just paid out-of-pocket.
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Food stamp rules are weird for sure. Not sure if it's still true but in the past you could use them in Subway for cold subs but not hot. And you could buy pop but not in a cup with a lid and straw. Not sure what the hell the difference is. I think the reasoning is "ready to eat" foods. But then what about cold subs? chips? cookies? etc? there are tons of things you don't have to "cook".
                      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Those and WIC are complicated enough without scamming SC's. An earlier incarnation of this board had a section entitled (no pun intneden) Fun with Food Stamps.
                        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                          . An earlier incarnation of this board had a section entitled (no pun intneden) Fun with Food Stamps.
                          Hey I remember that!
                          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
                            Hey now, by restraining yourself, you're putting dominatrixes out of work!
                            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                            X