This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HEY! LISTEN!

Even if that game wasn't involved, same company.

Tiny backstory: I work in the gaming department of an electronics store. End tiny backstory.

So I come it to replace J for his supper hour. Let me set the stage:

SC: Lil squat older "lady" -- and I use the term loosely-- that the weekend before gave a beating to each of my wii games because she didn't like the price. Check the price, slam the game down. Check the price, slam the game down. You get the idea.
    J: Guy in charge of the gaming department, but not my boss.
    Me: Lil squat younger lady unless I'm not working. Then I turn into Lil squat angry b*tch. To be expanded upon in a future story.

I lean against the side counter waiting for my turn while J explains to this lady the difference between the pricings

J: No ma'am, these are 160$ because they're DSis.
    SC: But what's the difference between this one and this one?
    J: The color.
    SC: But what's the difference? Is this one cheaper?
    J: No, this one is blue. It's the same price. They're all the same.
    SC: But why is that one 190$? It's the same!
    J: No ma'am, That's a DSi XL. *puts boxes side by side* See? XL is much bigger.
    SC: Open it, I wanna see it.
    J: I can't open it, you'd have to buy it to open it at home.
    SC: I don't wanna buy it, I wanna see it!
    J: You can see it on the box.
    SC: I don't wanna put it in reservation, I wanna see it! Open it!
    J: *confused look* I didn't ask if you wanted to put it aside, I said I couldn't open it!
    SC: Then how will I know if it works?!
    J: *deadpan* It will work ma'am.
    SC: *shrugs* So you tell me it's 190$ *points to DSi*
    J: No ma'am. That one's 160$
    SC: But it's the saaaaaame!
    J: No. That's a DSi. THAT *points to DSi XL* works the same, but IT'S BIGGER.
    SC: AAAAH! Write the prices down for me!!
    J: Ma'am. 160$ and 190$. It's only 2 prices.
    SC: WRITE IT DOWN IT'S CONFUSING!

He does so, she leaves, I take my place and he takes a well-earned break.

AAAAAAAND she comes back 3 minutes later.

SC: *points at 160$ DSi* So that one's 190$ right?
    Me: No ma'am, like it's written on your note, it's 160$.
    SC: It comes with games in it?
    Me: These ones no, but the white one comes with Brain Age.
    SC: Brain age?
    Me: Brain Age. 2 of them and a Photo Clock.
    SC: What's Brain Age supposed to mean?
    Me: Brain Age ma'am. Age of your brain. It's games to work your brain.
    SC: *scoffs* Huh! I don't need that! I'll never understand that!
    Me: No shit, really? It's the only pre-intalled games in it, ma'am.
    SC: So you're telling me Mario Bros comes already downloaded in it?
    Me: No ma'am, Brain Age.
    SC: So, does it have games inside like Mario Bros, uhm...
    Me: No, Brain Age.
    SC: Mario Bros?
    Me: Brain Age.
    SC: So you're saying it comes with Mario Bros?
    Me: Brain Age.
    SC: AAH!! NEVERMIND, IT'S TOO COMPLICATED! *leaves in a huff*

This is why I don't post often. I'm usually in a head-to-desk contact coma.
    Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Quoth Shironu-Akaineko View Post
    This is why I don't post often. I'm usually in a head-to-desk contact coma.
    I would be too after all that!
    Come on! Head-Desk comas for everyone!
    Sucky Employees = The result of sucky customers getting a job...

Comment

I'm surprised the confusion was only between those two systems. The 3DS and yet another price could have exploded her brain or something.
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

The 3DS are on an entire shelf over the DSi. Might as well say out of her very limited field of vision comprehension.

Or else... SCANNERS! *bomf!*

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

While I've never done it, I have put serious consideration into whether I really needed the ability to 'z' target.
          The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I think that lady just might benefit from Brain Age... key word might.

Comment

I think she would benefit from a grade-school education at this point.

Comment

I felt brain cells die then. What was she thinking?! "If I say Mario bros enough they'll crack and give it to me"?

Ow. My brain.
                "Honestly officer, he asked for a shot and I gave him one. Why do you need the handcuffs?" - MannersMakethMan

Comment

She came back today. Deity allmighty.

Comment

What happened!? Please man, don't leave us hanging!
                    Sucky Employees = The result of sucky customers getting a job...

Comment

NOOO!!! Don't leave us hanging here.

Comment

Well, just re-read the first post again, then add in a lot of repeating questions where she confuses the 3DS with the DSi at EVERY. SINGLE. QUESTION. and cuts me off loudly at each answer.

I did lose my cool at the 53289502614631780th question where she once again cut me off loudly, like so.

Her: So, where are the 3DS games?
                        Me: They're on the wall ov...
                        Her: AAAAH NOOOO I WANT TO KNOW WHERE THE GAMES A...
                        Me, snapping, using the terrifying booming grandmother voice: THEY'RE ON THE WALL OVER THERE!

Of course, after examining them carefully, she in fact meant the DSi games Despite saying 3DS games. Of course. Silly me. it's not like they're all on the same wall or anything.

Icing on the cake, after this amazing display of wit and politeness, she walks up to the friend she brought and told her in a patronizing tone : "Well? Do you UNDERSTAND now?"

omgwtf bbq SRSLY????

Comment

And of course you get the people who come up and say "I want a Nintendo" which tells precisely squat because for the less familiar, "Nintendo" has become synonymous with video game. So then you get to try and figure out out if they want a system or a game, then you get to figure out WHICH system or game, all of which is like pulling teeth because the PITA, er customer has NO clue themselves.

Gets even worse when what they're after is a PC game...

(Of course the best one a coworker has was a lady asking him if we had, and no lie, "Mario for the ipod for the playstation.")
                          I AM the evil bastard!
                          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Electronics (of any kind) and some people are just not compatible. Like trout and the sand of a desert. I've heard people asking for "The X-box playstation."

Some do not even care what it is used for, it is just shiny..and they like shiny. Not in the 'omg SHINY!' way..but in the 'I have to have the best of whatever it is' type of way. Even if it sits on a shelf and collects dust.
                            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Or arguing with me they want Mario for Xbox/pokémon for playstation or my favorite, a woman back in March or April giving me a semitruck of shit because her son wanted a certain portable console NOW and that he saw it on the internet and that she'll buy it in *big city* because we can't get anything in *small city* and we're incompetent.

The console?

Playstation portable Vita.
                              Release date Winter 2011 last I heard.

Enjoy your wasted gas, lady. ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X