This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta be smarter than the lock

So I'm in class Monday evening and the prof wants us to use a laptop for an in class group project. No one in my assigned group has one so she says since I know where her office is I can go and get hers for our group to use and hands me the key.

Her office is located in a larger area of the education building with several other offices, as such there are two locked doors between me and her office, the main door to the office area and then her office door.

So I put the key in the lock of the main door, turn, hear a click try to open it and nothing. I repeated this several times (I think at least 6) And then realized there is also a lock on the door handle (I was turning the key to a deadbolt hence the click) Put the key there turned and opened the door just fine.

To add insult to injury I made the same mistake trying to open the door to her office as well

It's ok though, I'm only an undergrad

Don't feel too bad. I never did figure out the locks at our high school. Occasionally was sent with keys to a locked classroom to get something. Never once did I successfully unlock one. I always had to track someone else down.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Working...
    X