Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oops, I was almost a shoplifter today!

I went to do some grocery shopping after gym this afternoon, got everything, paid, put bags in cart, pushed cart to front of store & went to pick up my bags to wander down to the bus station when I saw it...

...a slim pack of smoked salmon that was wedged against the side of the cart that I missed when going through the checkout *sigh*

So, went back to the checkouts again to pay for it, & once again set off for to the bus station...
    ... just in time to see my bus reverse out of the bay on its way out

I was already in a grumpy mood today as it was
    Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

You and buses just don't get along!
    It's tradition, or an old charter, or something!

Comment

Thanks for going back Cazzi. Last time it happened to me though, I blew it off until the next time I went in and just brought the item up to the register, paid, then went to do my shopping. Kinda freaked the checker out.

Comment

Quoth sms001
        Thanks for going back Cazzi. Last time it happened to me though, I blew it off until the next time I went in and just brought the item up to the register, paid, then went to do my shopping. Kinda freaked the checker out.
        I had a customer do that before. He had put some chapsticks in his hoody pocket and forgot until he put his hands back in said pocket.
        I thanked him for his honesty and he made it a lesson for his kid(s) that was there with him.
        Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
        Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Oh, I did that once, I was in a fabric store with my mom and I put a card of buttons into my pocket, meaning to take it out at the cash. I forgot, but I found it when we were just a few steps down the street and I went back to pay for it.

Comment

I did something like that when I was little. My mom had picked up a small bag of something at the in-store bakery, and handed it to me to carry (perhaps so that it wouldn't risk getting crushed with the rest of the stuff in the cart). We were just outside the store when she saw it still in my hand and realized that it had been overlooked. It was simple enough to correct when we went back in.

Comment

I think we all had our childhood accidental shoplifter experience. I've told mine a couple of times.

The important thing is you made it right.
              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

You've all forgotten the most critical part of returning to pay for an item...

Pre-calling 911 (999, 000) and having them on standby when you return.
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I accidentally shoplifted a cactus, once.

Yeah, I don't know either.

Comment

Quoth Sleepwalker View Post
                    I accidentally shoplifted a cactus, once.

Yeah, I don't know either.
                    The beauty in that is they wouldn't believe you when you even admit it to them. They'd have a hard time figuring out how you "hid" the cactus in various places on your person without being in intense pain.
                    Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
                    Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
                    Fiancee: What?!
                    Me: Nevermind.

Comment

Working...
                    X