Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something between his legs.... (mild squick)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something between his legs.... (mild squick)

today i went out to the bench on my lunch break to smoke a cig, play on my phone, and eat a bag of chips. there was a man sitting in the middle, so i sat half hanging off the edge. he asked if i was on lunch and i said yes. then he asked if i worked there (duh, wearing the shirt!), and when i said yes, he asked if i knew if there was a bad rash going around. i said not that i know of, and then he informs me he has a really bad rash between his legs. a sly glance to the side, and i wanted to throw up. he was wearing shorts and you could see the rash. grooooooooody!!

i texted my coworker and told her what he'd said and her only reply was " RUN!!!!"
    Last edited by slipknotpsycho; 11-22-2011, 01:12 AM. Reason: typo

Am I the only one thinking that the rash is probably the most remarkable thing he's ever had between his legs?
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
      Am I the only one thinking that the rash is probably the most remarkable thing he's ever had between his legs?
      No, the second-most remarkable thing. How do you think he got the rash?
      What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

lmao. i didn't describe the dude...but omg...he was the epitome of "hillbilly"...probably was some inter-species loving going on. i didn't end up eating my chips or anything. just got up and went and sat on the sidewalk faaaaaaaaar away. blegh ><

Comment

That rash wouldn't be "going around" if he wasn't sleeping with the wrong crowd.

OK, maybe not, but how exactly does a rash "go around" otherwise?
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

MoonCat....that's what i thought afterwards too. cuz the only other rashes would be if he got some sort of plant that aggravated his skin and rolled in it. that would still involve him sleeping around if the rash was "going around"

sorry if this sounds kinda disjointed. been up all day at work, and now i'm dealing with my kiddo who broke his finger. kinda out of it.

Comment

Apparently some common farm animals *do* carry diseases which can be picked up that way.

Anyway, best advice is to tell him to ask a doctor about it, not you.

Comment

I hope your kiddo is feeling better, a broken anything is no fun.
                "Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears." – Rudyard Kipling

I don't have hot flashes. I have short, private vacations to the tropics.

Comment

Quoth pitmonkey View Post
                  I hope your kiddo is feeling better, a broken anything is no fun.
                  thank you...he's doing better, but still hurts alot, especially when hubby changes the bandage on it. he gets stitches out on the 30th. they are apparently THROUGH his lil fingernail and oh yea, i know how "un fun" that can be. had my thigh broken in half when someone wasn't paying attention and plowed me into a building while i was walking. i think thats why i'm so worried about him. i've had a broken bone and know how much it sucks.

Comment

Probably nothing more than a good case of chub rub. -__-
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

That's what I was thinking.

Intertrigo (basically a heat/sweat rash that develops in skin folds), or prickly heat rash, perhaps a thrush-related rash ...

Essentially one of the rashes caused by inadequate hygiene, poor immune system, or bad luck.
                      (Bad luck or a poor immune system can cause the balance of skin flora to go offbalance. Thus causing one of them to grow too much. You see the same effect in 'sick' rivers and lakes, especially in blue-green algae overgrowths.

Inadequate hygiene can provide an excess of food for skin flora ... yah.

Oddly enough, too much hygiene can remove necessary skin flora, also de-balancing things. Soaping and scrubbing the skin too frequently is the most common culprit here: if you're just removing sweat accumulation, rinse but don't scrub or soap.)

(Note for anyone affected by one of the heat/sweat rashes: barrier creams intended for babies or for continence issues are the most effective solution I've found. Rather than trying to prevent sweating, these prevent the skin from being eroded by the trapped moisture.)
                      Seshat's self-help guide:
                      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
                      X