This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're in the wrong store

Just a short one from when I was working the closing shift at self-checkout last night. A few hours into my shift, this little encounter happened.

Me:
    CL: Clueless Lady

CL: *waving her [Other Store Card] in front of the scanner*
    Me: *watching from the self checkout attendant station*
    CL: Why isn't this working?!
    Me: *comes over* Hello... Um, that's your [Other Store Card], ma'am. You need your [This Store] card.
    CL: So? What's your point?
    Me: Um, well, you're in [This Store], not [Other Store].
    CL: *catbutt face as she digs out the right card*

She wasn't a sucky customer by any means; I was just amused that she asked me what my point was.

...Well, you're using the wrong card, for one thing.

haha I've had that happen a few times when I've worked at self checkout. I've even had people hand me another store's card when I was at a regular register. I just tell them this isn't that store. They're just like "doh!" The SCO at my store will let you scan other cards, but it'll tell you item not found. This happens a lot when people have a bunch of cards on their key-chain and the scanner picks up another card by accident.

Comment

I did that once!

My favorite store closed () and I wasn't used to going to the other one yet. I scanned the tag from old favorite store a dozen times. Could not figure out the problem. Finally had to ask for help, and the wonderful checker said "I think it was reading one of your other tags." I finally got it, and I'm sure she knew what I was doing, but she was ridiculously kind and diplomatic.

I loved old store, but they didn't have self-checks, so I was kind of unfamiliar with them. I knew enough to use the right tag though - just kind of forgot where I was.
      Women can do anything men can.
      But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
      Maxine

Comment

Haha I love that last statement, Sparky. I get attached to businesses too.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I once used my PetSmart card by accident at a SCO at the supermarket next door.

It WORKED.

Never could figure that out.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Hell, I keep thinking Rite Aid, Walgreens, CVS, and Eckerds are all the same. I'm actually surprised when my Rite Aid card gets pulled out and I don't know what to do with it. (Yes, you may fire at will when ready.) It FEELS like it's the same store whenever I'm in one, and that's all it takes! Again, it FEELS like it's all the same store. O_O
            SC: "Are you new or something?"
            Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

Comment

I had my employee discount keytag right next to my grocery store key tag. I can't tell you the number of times I tried to scan it after work and couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. I blamed 12+ hour days while pregnant, though it was probably just me not paying attention.
              "I'm starting to see a pattern in the men I date" - Miss Piggy, Muppet Treasure Island

I'm writing!! Check out the blog.

Comment

Quoth SuperRTL View Post
                I blamed 12+ hour days while pregnant, though it was probably just me not paying attention.
                Gestational Senility. I blamed a lot on that during my 8 months of pregnancy

Madness takes it's toll....
                Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Tried using a Tops card at a Stop & Shop once. It didn't work, despite them both being owned by the same parent corporation at the time.

I did once have someone ringing up a whole cart of stuff and arguing with me over the price of every item, saying this or that should have been on sale. Finally she busts out a circular and starts waving it in my face.

Me, pointing to circular: "What does it say right there?"
                  Her: "Right Aide." [note: spelling obfuscated to foil g00gle]
                  Me, pointing to wall behind us with store name in two-foot-high letters: "What does it say up there?"
                  Her: "Dwayne Reede."
                  Me: " . . . ?"

She threw down the circular and walked out. Left the whole damn wagon for the FE people to reshelve. Thanks a lot, lady.

Comment

I worked at a Family Dollar about 20 years ago and we'd always have people waving circulars from Dollar General at us and wanting to know where certain sale items were. Um, that would be at Dollar General on [B]the other side of town![B].
                    "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

Not too long ago, I had an older lady write out a check. She got the amount right, and had her ID ready, so I give her credit for that. When it came time to write in the name of the store, she asked (and I am giving it to you verbatim) "Is it E-C-K-E-R-D or E-C-H-E-R-D?"

I work at Walgreens :-'

Comment

Haha, we have people write us checks for other stores all the time. At the mall I work, there are three anchors and we pretty much sell the same stuff, aside from mine that has a large hardlines section.

I can't tell you how many times I've had to quietly slip their check back and tell them that this isn't JcPenney's.

Comment

I've had people bring in coupons that are only good at our main competition before. They usually just get an embarrassed look, take the coupon, and leave. Hey, it's not my fault you can't read!
                          "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

I was ringing up this lady one time awhile back and her teenage daughter was standing at the end texting. The name of the store was mentioned and the daughter looked up and said, "We're at 'name of my store'? I thought we were at 'competition'." Her Mom and I just looked at each other. I mean two different stores and different color schemes.
                            "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

This happened yesterday.

Two women came in and wandered around. When I asked if they needed help finding something, the one lady got all huffy and said "Well MYYYYYY CVS has 'x item' right up front where you can, youknow, FIND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I smiled my brightest smile and said "Well then you might want to try CVS which is right across the street. This is Walgreen's". Did she apologize? Oh NO. She turned on her friend (rather than me, amazingly enough). "Why didn't you tell me we were at Walgreen's?" Her friend looked blank and said "cause it says Walgreen's on the front door and all the products??????"

I don't know, now that I typed it all out, it doesn't seem that bad, but you had to have heard her tone.

Comment

Working...
                              X