This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• odd place to return a check

*brief story from this morning, nothing sucky but I hope the customer service desk staff can get in touch with this person*

Someone returned a few items in the bookdrop this morning, and included a check which had been written to some account, and was for almost $2,000. As far as I know, that person just went to the bookdrop and never came inside the building, so there wasn't much staff could do expect make a note of it and put it in the safe. (I hope they tried to contact the customer to let them know about it)

Well, the address of the person who wrote the cheque should be on the cheque. They could contact that person, or the bank where the cheque is from.

Comment

Yow. Imagine when they eventually looked for that check and couldn't find it.

Way back in 1982, I was getting ready for a trip to London and went to the bank to buy some English currency (this was before Euros). They had it all ready for me in an envelope. When I got home and looked in the envelope, under the cash was somebody's check that they had written to deposit money in some money-market account. I took it back to the bank the next day, gave it to a customer service person, and her face went totally white. I couldn't ID the teller who'd given me the envelope either.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        Way back in 1982, I was getting ready for a trip to London and went to the bank to buy some English currency (this was before Euros).
        Just remember - next time you come to London, don't bring Euros...
        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Aye, we look at them funnily.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
          X