X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awareness of surroundings is recommended

BG: 2 for 1 tickets + Christmas Holidays- Open Box Office= Chaos

I'm serving at the Ice Cream Counter and my boss borrows my till to retrieve a booking because a ticket machine ran out of paper. We've had queues running solid for the past hour.

This happens while my boss is standing next to me, she is slightly taller than me, standing right next to me, and wearing a blazer./BG

SC: A man wanting to buy tickets and nothing else and had to watch people order large amounts of food (like 7 Kiddie Trays*)
    Me:
    Manager: Our stock manager, a firm, but fair person.

Me: Good afternoon, what can I do for you!
    SC: Your service is ridiculous?
    Me: Pardon?
    SC: People like me who just want tickets have to queue up with people ordering ridiculous amounts of food! You should tell your manager to open Box office or get an express queue for tickets!
    Me: *points to the woman directly next to me, wearing a blazer, on my till*
    SC: You're the manager!?
    Manager: I am the duty manager, yes, and we are set to have staff in Box office in half an hour.
    SC: Well you should have an express queue for tickets!
    Manager: Head office won't allow that, but I'll certainly forward the point to the General Manager.
    SC: Make sure you do!
    (Manager walks off, I process his tickets)
    SC: You should still have an express queue for people who just want tickets.
    Me: *deadpan* With all due respect, if we had that here, people would still come onto it and ask for food.
    SC: What makes you think that?
    Me: When I was new this till was Ice cream and tickets only, we were allowed to let off hot drinks because the coffee machine is right behind us. No one listened.
    SC: Oh...
    Me: *cheery again* I'm sorry for the inconvenience *hands tickets* You picked a good film, enjoy!

Here when you go to the movies, You pay for your movie ticket then you go to the concessions counter to get your goodies. Also there is a kiosk that lets you buy tickets off to the side.
    "Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears." – Rudyard Kipling

I don't have hot flashes. I have short, private vacations to the tropics.

Comment

When we had card tickets, we had a separate box office like that, but now the tickets are printed on perforated paper designed to fit in our receipt printers.

When it's quiet, I see the benefit, no need for a separate box office and therefore save hours. But when it's busy, I still think we need it.

Comment

All the theatres here have separate ticket and food lines. However, sometimes there's only one person manning both lines, especially when it's not busy. So, you get your ticket (which usually gets torn right when you purchase it), and the cashier runs over to concessions and you get your food from the concessions counter.
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Working...
        X