This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uhm..Mom..Check your checkbook...

BG: Youngest son went to Civil Air Patrol Encampment this week, which is basically boot camp for CAP. It costs $115, and I paid by check, grabbing the checkbook in the car as I went into the site. End BG

Oldest son called me today..Mom, do you have your checkbook? I said yes, wondering why he asked...

It seems that they had left a checkbook in the car, and I had written the check on their account..and the bank cashed it, causing them to overdraw the account.

Sigh...

I'll fix it, but I felt like an idiot, lol!
    Remember, stressed spelled backwards is desserts.

Quoth kansasgal View Post

It seems that they had left a checkbook in the car, and I had written the check on their account..and the bank cashed it, causing them to overdraw the account.

Sigh...

I'll fix it, but I felt like an idiot, lol!
    I think your oldest son should have a chat with his bank. I can see banks not catching a forged signature, but not noticing that it was signed with a different name than the name on the account I sure wouldn't have much faith in that bank, if anyone can sign their own name to your checks and they go thru just fine.

Madness takes it's toll....
    Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
      I think your oldest son should have a chat with his bank. I can see banks not catching a forged signature, but not noticing that it was signed with a different name than the name on the account I sure wouldn't have much faith in that bank, if anyone can sign their own name to your checks and they go thru just fine.
      It's possible that they have the same last name which could explain how they missed it.

But you're right, it is something that should have been caught.

Comment

We do have the same last name, but I am talking to the manager about this problem. I was upset at myself for not noticing (we use the same checks) but the fact that they didn't notice it was signed by someone not on the account bothers me.

Comment

Um, actually it's not the banks responsibility. When businesses come in to deposit checks, if there is more then 5 checks, I don't even look at them beyond making sure the dates are OK on them. Unless a person is depositing a few checks or attempting to cash a check I don't really look at if the signer of the check matches who is on the check. Do you know how hard it is to read most people's signatures? It's impossible!

That being said, if someone came into my branch and told me what happened, all fees would be waved, and we would be able to dispute that transaction and all money would be refunded.

Accidents do happen, and unless your are a BOA account holder, your bank should be able to help you out without issues. BOA is just evil plain and simple (and yes I do work for a bank not CU)

Comment

Called bank, they took care of it immediately. They do the checks electronically, so did not notice the signature.

Comment

Working...
            X