This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random little stupid

One of my customers just told me that if I sent one of the Pokemon plush I've sewn to Nintendo, I'd get "rich, rich, rich."

I just... what? Huh? WHAT? This is so stupid on so many levels that I don't even know what to say.

Firstly... HOW will this make me rich? What's Nintendo going to do? Pay me a million bucks for the thing itself? Why would they do that? Buy the pattern off me to sell? But they already have plushes and patterns and a whole plush making division with professional pattern makers and everything, why would they need some random fan's one-off hand made plush? And it's not like there's a huge market for expensive, gigantic plushes going around untapped that they want to cash in on. Even if there was, they're not going to be buying my plush in order to do it! The whole idea is just nonsensical.

But the stupidest thing is that Nintendo technically has every right to SUE MY BUTT OFF for me making this stuff. They don't go out of their way to do so, in fact they're generally pretty nice on copyright issues, so long as you're not pirating the games themselves (And in fact the Japanese Pokemon Company has given tacit permission to fans to make this stuff, so long as we don't cross certain lines with it.) But it's still really NOT a good idea to wave my technically maybe illegal work right under the nose of the people who could SUE ME for it.

Sheesh.

Edit: Oooo, bonus round! I guess I can't call this one a customer anymore, because they told me my prices were too much when I gave them a quote. And not in a polite "that's out of my budget" way, but rather "That much? My fursuit cost less than that!" XD You got a cheap-ass suit then, bub.
    Last edited by spark; 01-04-2012, 11:54 PM.
    The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself. ~Cicero

See the fuzzy - http://bladespark.livejournal.com/

I hope you sent them a nice response along the lines of "Wow. I am really sorry to hear that. I hope that you will soon be able to afford a nice fursuit."

Comment

How much you wanna bet his 'fursuit' is just ears and a tail.
      Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
      Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
        I hope you sent them a nice response along the lines of "Wow. I am really sorry to hear that. I hope that you will soon be able to afford a nice fursuit."
        Hah! If I'd thought of that.

As for what they already have, they said it was a full suit. You can get 'em pretty cheap if you don't mind risking your money with a total newbie who thinks a couple hundred bucks is great money, and who will make you a malformed fun-fur mess that will fall apart the first time you wear it. If they actually make anything, of course, because many beginning makers take commissions and never get around to finishing them.
        The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself. ~Cicero

See the fuzzy - http://bladespark.livejournal.com/

Comment

I have to say I'm a huge fan of your stuff and the thing that always strikes me about is that it is totally clear from the photos how good the quality is. Customers out there always want to try and knock you down on prices (I've had the same experience myself with jewellery selling) and then act incredibly offended when you tell them no. If you were buying an item from an official shop or somewhere you wouldn't try and knock them down (although I'm some would having said that!) I'm sorry you have to deal with so many idiot, I hope the decent customers make up for it!
          My Crafting Profile http://www.craftster.org/forum/index...ofile;u=139859

Comment

suddenly wanting a small plush Mew... lol
            Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
            pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

Comment

Working...
            X