Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh yeah that's right, I don't work here...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh yeah that's right, I don't work here...

My brain was not on track today, went to get some food at the local shop of which I worked in a branch of over a year ago.

Announcement, "Will Becky come to her till please?"

I was halfway down the aisle with my shopping before I remembered I didn't work at that chain any more and I'd never worked in that particular branch...
    My Crafting Profile http://www.craftster.org/forum/index...ofile;u=139859

Funny!

My brother worked in several different supermarkes. Sometimes when he'd go in on a day off just to shop, one of his co-workers would see him, grab the mic and say something like "Mark to produce, please..."
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

That's another dream I often get. I'm supposed to work a shift at some (generic) supermarket; and I'm unprepared or I go in to shop and only then realise I'm supposed to be working, or I go in and I'm naked or half dressed or something...

It's been over 20 years since I last worked retail!
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I get brain burps like this in the grocery store near the library - I frequently go there during my lunch hour, they always seem to be paging an employee named Kelly when I'm there, and sometimes I have to stop and think for a second to realize they aren't talking about me.

Comment

Working...
        X