This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got this from a friend--Not a customer, but a co-worker

*Note that I am just copying and pasting what she wrote on her facebook status today, I am in no way trying to start a verbal war based on her last two sentences. However without them, the humor is somewhat lost.

I don't know why this came to mind today, but it did.

So, a few years ago, I was working as a janitor at the Nestle building in Eau Claire. They have bathrooms on the production floor and I had to clean those too. Anyhow, I'm in the men's room, cleaning and, like most janitorial staff everywhere, I put the mop bucket in the doorway. This signifies that the janitor is in there, cleaning. I'm mopping away and I hear the unmistakable sounds of someone trying to climb over the mop bucket and get in the door. I just stopped mopping and waited patiently. After a good minute of commotion, poor guy never thought to just move the bucket, he comes around the corner and is shocked to see me there cleaning. He says (no lie) "Oh, are you cleaning in here?" So I said, "No, that's just where we keep the mop bucket." If you could have only seen the confusion in this poor man's eyes... He turns to leave and I listen to him clamber over the mop bucket again to get out, still not thinking to just move the damned thing, and away he goes. What really gets me, this moron still has a better chance at being elected president than I do, just because he can pee standing up. Grand, ain't it?
    "We go through our careers and things happen to us. Those experiences made me what I am."-Thomas Keller

I've had similar experiences. One time I was cleaning the lady's room (I am a male) and had the cleaning cart blocking the door. I heard an old lady saying "how the hell am I suppose to get in?!!" Another time a lady came in and said Why did you have the door blocked? I had to crawl under it to get in!"

Comment

Working...
    X