This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "What am I supposed to do with this change?"

As the title reads, yes, I had a customer whom I handed back about 60 cents or so. Conversation went like this. SL= stupid lady
    SL: Excuse me, what am I supposed to do with this?
    Me: I'm sorry, what?
    SL: This change. What am I supposed to do with it?
    Me: Um, its money.
    SL: This is money?
    Me: Yes.
    SL: What do I do with it?
    Me: You spend it.
    SL: How?
    Me: Save your loose change and take it to a bank, and they will cash it in.
    SL: The bank will cash it in?
    Me: Yes.
    She leaves, thank God.
    What planet is this lady from? She doesn't know that currency comes in coins too? How fucking stupid can someone be? Oh wait, she's a customer, of course she's stupid. And when I tell her its money, she asks what to do with it? Its money, you morons. YOU SPEND IT!!! Heck if you don't want it, give it to me! I put all my loose change in a small plastic cup when I get home and let it accumulate until I have about $30 or $40 saved.

well if you have a charity jar (or tip jar) you can always say 'most people like to drop it in that jar."

Comment

You sure she wasn't a tourist? lol

I sometimes have to explain different denominations, but never the concept of change. They all knew that in advance, hahahaha.

Comment

She knew it was change, but didn't know it was MONEY? W.T.F???
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Slayer View Post

I sometimes have to explain different denominations, but never the concept of change. They all knew that in advance, hahahaha.
          She spoke english and she wasn't looking at her paper money like she was confused. I think its more common sense than anything. When you are buying something at the register and you pay with cash and the cashier gives you paper and coins back, he's certainly not handing you a pile of shit.
          Last edited by BowserKoopa1; 01-10-2012, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Quoth Slayer View Post
            Even someone from another country would understand the concept of "coins" and "change". I've seen many currencies from many countries, and from what I can tell, pretty much all of them have both coins and bills/notes. I think the customer in the OP just forgot to change the air in her head.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
              Even someone from another country would understand the concept of "coins" and "change". I've seen many currencies from many countries, and from what I can tell, pretty much all of them have both coins and bills/notes. I think the customer in the OP just forgot to change the air in her head.

It was a joke in reference to the "what planet" part.

Which appears to have been full of fail LOL

I was too tired it seems at the time hehe. I could have done better.
              I promise
              Really.

Comment

I was thinking perhaps this person was asking what she is supposed to do with the change because there's not much you can buy with just 60 cents nowadays, but then I remembered she didn't think it was money. Wow. Maybe she's a precious someone who's using something besides daddy's credit card to pay for something for the first time?

Comment

Quoth jjc927 View Post
                  I was thinking perhaps this person was asking what she is supposed to do with the change because there's not much you can buy with just 60 cents nowadays, but then I remembered she didn't think it was money. Wow. Maybe she's a precious someone who's using something besides daddy's credit card to pay for something for the first time?
                  Possibly, but I don't think when she was a little kid and wanted to buy something on her own that her parents handed her a credit card and said, "Here, my darling daughter, just charge it." Yeah people, let's start teaching our kids how to use credit cards at an early age Point is, we all learn about money when we are little kids and eventually understand the concept of how it works.

Comment

I'd save that for the parking meters downtown. Or put it in our giant change jar, which goes to the coin counter when it's full.

Really, I don't see how you can not understand coin currency.
                    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Working...
                    X