Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not trying to steal! You're not making it any easier, though.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not trying to steal! You're not making it any easier, though.

I went to Aldi today. And as side note, it is blowing snow. By the time I pushed my cart the 2 miles to get there, I looked like a walking snow woman. Anyway, I got in and picked up my groceries and slipped a couple of smaller items into my reusable grocery bags so they wouldn't fall out of the cart. It's not exactly a fine mesh and I do this all the time. I just pull the stuff out of my bags to put on the conveyor when I get to the checkout.

Aldi has a set up where you take your stuff to a counter after you get through the checkout to bag it yourself. Also, if you don't bring your own bags, you have to buy the bags. Plastic for 10 cents, paper in varying sizes for varying prices, etc. I picked up my bags and a couple of things came rolling out. I sheepishly went back to the cashier and told her what happened. As I did so, she started ringing up the next person's groceries.

Me: (holding up items) These rolled out of my bags. I forgot they were in there and I need to pay for them.
    Cashier: You need to buy how many bags?
    Me: No, these were in the bags I already have. I forgot to put them up here to pay for them and I need to buy them.
    C: Ok. I need to finish theirs first. (setting aside my items)
    Me: No problem.

She finishes ringing them up and then scans my two items and reaches for the bags.

C: How many bags did you need?
    Me: I don't need any bags. I was just saying these things were in my bags and I forgot to pull them out to pay for them.
    C: OOOOooooohhh! I'm so sorry!

We had a good laugh over it. Mutual brain burp.

ETA: Snow was worse on the way home. 1/4" of accumulation on my groceries by the time I got back!
    The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Quoth incognitocook View Post
    ETA: Snow was worse on the way home. 1/4" of accumulation on my groceries by the time I got back!
    Did you put the frozen foods on top so the layer of snow would keep them cold?
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

No, they got dragged through the snow I was pushing the cart through. >.< I had a real workout!

Comment

You have your own cart? That's so cool. I didn't know the average person could buy one. Unless I'm picturing the wrong thing? Maybe I'm having a brain burp too.

Comment

Quoth notlovinit View Post
          You have your own cart? That's so cool. I didn't know the average person could buy one. Unless I'm picturing the wrong thing? Maybe I'm having a brain burp too.
          It's probably more like this. My mom had one when I was growing up. I remember we used to load it up with toys when she took me to the park to play.
          Random conversation:
          Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
          DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

That looks very much like my cart. Not having a car, it's a wonderful tool to have. Especially since my weekly grocery shopping involves 6 miles of walking round trip because I go to multiple stores to get better deals.

Comment

That is a way cool cart.

Comment

Hmmm...Add all-terrain tires, a flaming pant job, and chrome spoiler and it will blow any other cart off the road!
                "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Bwahahaha! I needed those all terrain tires today and I'd totally go for that paint job!

Comment

Awning for the top and a windshield for the front? Maybe a little hand warmer on the handlebars...

Comment

Working...
                    X