This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are you?

So yesterday, I came into work, and I was all bundled up. My mom knitted me a big, oversized beanie cap, which I love because I have a lot of hair, and with this cap I can actually put my hair up and have it covered!

So I came in through the front, since that was where I found parking, and it was just too cold and I was too tired to go around the building to the employee entrance, which I'm supposed to use. (Hey, I was MOD that day, I can use whatever entrance I want!) I walk in the lobby, which dings the bell, and Other MOD comes to the front. I start to reach over the counter to unlock the counter door.

Other MOD:
    Me: *unsuccessfully finding the lock whilst half asleep.* "Hi, Other MOD"
    Other MOD: "Oh my God, bhskittykatt! I didn't recognize you for a minute there! I was like, 'Who is that and why are they trying to get behind my counter?'"
    Me: "...it's me?"
    Other MOD: "I've never seen you with a hat on! I didn't know it was you!"

Yeah, I gave her a bit of a scare there, I guess.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

I get that too from time to time, usually in colder weather when I break out the heavy duty winter gear (meaning my long black wool double breasted coat and black hat with the built in scar that goes over my ears.)

Some of my coworkers aren't used to that - they're used to seeing my pink hooded raincoat.

Somehow my big bright pink handbag gives me away . . .
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
    X