Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Like an SC, I did not read the sign correctly.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like an SC, I did not read the sign correctly.

But what the sign ACTUALLY said vs. what I THOUGHT it said, turned out to be better.

I was grocery shopping and was checking out. There was a deal going on with certain candy. I decided to take advantage of this. I picked up three items.

Checker: Would you like to get another item? It's Buy 2 Get 2 Free.
    Me: Oh I thought it was Buy 2 Get 1 Free.
    *happily adds another item of sugary goodness*
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
    Checker: Would you like to get another item? It's Buy 2 Get 2 Free.
    Me: Oh I thought it was Buy 2 Get 1 Free.
    *happily adds another item of sugary goodness*
    We'll just say you fourgot.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
      We'll just say you fourgot.
      A little four thought would have prevented that.
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
        A little four thought would have prevented that.
        Or doublethink².

Comment

Four sure.

I am glad he told us about this deal. We won't make the same mistake as fourwarned is fourarmed.
          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
          Save the Ales!
          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I still haven't figured out why Pepsi runs a Buy 2 Get 3 Free promotion every now and then. But I do take advantage of it.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
              I still haven't figured out why Pepsi runs a Buy 2 Get 3 Free promotion every now and then. But I do take advantage of it.
              To expose you to their mildly addicting harmless alkaloid additive, of course.

Comment

I don't think that's Pepsi, as I've seen it only at Safeway/Randall's/Rylander's, and never anywhere else.
                Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth Primer View Post
                  I don't think that's Pepsi, as I've seen it only at Safeway/Randall's/Rylander's, and never anywhere else.
                  I think Harris Teeter had it once.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I think Harris Teeter had it once.
                    They tend to run those every so often around here, especially on the soft drinks.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Depends on the sales at stores and vendors. At my store it prolly be basically the same price, just different wording. Like Pepsi normally costs 4.99 but we have had deals where its 4/$11.00 and then get one diet free or something to that effect.

Comment

Quoth cashierbex View Post
                        Depends on the sales at stores and vendors. At my store it prolly be basically the same price, just different wording. Like Pepsi normally costs 4.99 but we have had deals where its 4/$11.00 and then get one diet free or something to that effect.
                        Also the wording can differ too.

Right now, we're running a Buy More Save More on 12 pk Pepsi products.

Buy 1 @ 4.49
                        Buy 2 @ 2/8.00
                        Buy 3 @ 3/10.00
                        Buy 4 @ 4/12.00

Limit 4. And there are certain flavors excluded, so it gets pretty confusing unless the customer actually reads the pre-printed signage we have on both the aisle shelving and the pallet display (as well as our weekly ad flyer.)

But even so, I'll run into one that still doesn't get it . . .
                        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                        X