This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a quicky from last christmas

I worked as a temp for Lego in a major mall last Christmas, and have a couple of brain burps from customers saved up. bless em.

The most common one was 'where's your megabloks lego?" especially the halo stuff. This was by far the most common question I was asked when working the front of the store that made me want to bash my head against a wall.

My personal favourite was the following exchange, though.

D: So, is there anything I can help you find today?
    C: Yeah, actually. Why is this one so expensive, but this one so cheap, its all just lego, right?
    D:looks at box of queen annes revenge, easily £90 or more, next to some smaller £25 kit.
    D: I'm. . .I'm sorry, what? Why is the Queen Anne more expensive?
    C: Yeah! Its all just Lego.
    D: looks at huge pirate ship, then the small model
    D: Because. . .because its bigger. Its like 4 times the size of the other model.
    C: Oh! so they are all different inside the box?
    D:I am now really puzzled Well, yes. Thats why the box art is different,the boxes are different sizes, and that one retails at £90, while that one is $25.
    C: oh, ok. thanks for your help! customer leaves happy

Its rare someone's stupidity confuses me, but it happens sometimes. . .

I had a similar conversation recently, but about coffee.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I'm guessing they thought both boxes were filled with the same pieces and the pictures were just different examples of what you could make with them. But even so, a bigger box would cost more and that shouldn't be hard to figure out.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I saw something recently about Lego manufacturing, and it made me appreciate why some of those little bricks are so expensive.

And just why the bigger kits are so much more.

I wish we had a Lego store nearby. I promise I'd not ask any of them about any non-Lego bricks, honest!
        you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

Oh yeah, this stuff is precision engineered. The bricks have a margin of error less than a human hair, and there are hundreds of components. Its pretty amazing.

Comment

Working...
          X