Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think my IQ dropped by 50 points just from this conversation...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think my IQ dropped by 50 points just from this conversation...

This is a new one.

Guy and his GF/wife/whatever walk in and ask for electronic cigarettes. I tell them I don't sell them. So the woman proceeds to call a friend cuz I guess they're looking for a place that sells them. Then the conversation with the guy is as follows while the woman was on the phone:
    Guy (looking at the dry erase board behind me): Is that Cuban tobacco?
    Me: No, that would be illegal.
    Guy: Yeah I know but is that what's in the little havana tobacco?
    Me (confused) : "In" little havana tobacco? Little Havana Tobacco is the name of our shop..."
    Guy: Ohhh....
    Me: Yeah it was on the door that you opened and walked through in the front.

"We go through our careers and things happen to us. Those experiences made me what I am."-Thomas Keller

Reminds me of the time a friend told me she & her husband had stopped at "Blue Moon" for something to eat. Although I knew which part of town they were in at the time, I couldn't figure out where they'd gone to eat until I realized that she'd mistaken the "Blue Moon" beer sign in the window for the name of the bar.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Heh....there's actually an establishment in my area called the "Blue Moon" but it's a strip joint........not the sort of place one should take their wife.
      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
        Heh....there's actually an establishment in my area called the "Blue Moon" but it's a strip joint........not the sort of place one should take their wife.
        That reminded me of the Changed-Name's Steak House, a local strip club. Every now and then they would get a family come walking in expecting a regular restaurant.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
          Well now, that all depends on the joint. Does it have a pool table? DH needs something to do and he won't go unless there's a pool table. I wouldn't be going for the pool table, and I wouldn't be going on 'ladies night', either.
          What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
          X