Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seriously, have you never been to Subway before?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously, have you never been to Subway before?

I was at Subway earlier today, and the woman in front of me just made my jaw drop.

I've heard storied here, but never actually seen these things happen in real life before

Customer: I'd like a turkey and ham sandwich, please.

*pause for an uncomfortable silence*

Employee: What kind of bread?

C: White please

E: Would you like a foot long?

C: Oh I don't know, how long is it?

*Employee shows her that a foot long loaf of break is 1 foot long.*

C: Wow, that's bit big. They don't come any smaller?

E: We can cut it in half to make a six inch.

C: Yes, do that please.

It went smoothly from there on out, but I was just floored by what I was actually seeing.

She just wasn't used to options, that's all :P lol.

I'm sure I asked about sizing on my first trip XD. Then again, I was a teenager used to the metric system at that time.... Oops.

I know I'm always asking the poor people to show me the sizes of cups for stuff, haha.

A butchered phrase/joke that often pops into my head is that women are often lied to about what six inches actually is. So if there's a woman behind a C-like person trying to hold back giggles, that might be me .

Comment

That s*** happened ALL the time when I was working there. People would ask me how long is a footlong and I'd blankly stare at them and say "12 inches" in my "you must be the smart one of the family" voice.
      My Fur Affinity Page:https://www.furaffinity.net/user/thetigress/
      My Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/profile/thetigress

Comment

Quoth TheTigress View Post
        That s*** happened ALL the time when I was working there. People would ask me how long is a footlong and I'd blankly stare at them and say "12 inches" in my "you must be the smart one of the family" voice.
        "ooooh, I'll just have a small one then."

<pause of about 15 seconds>

"how big is the small one?"

/facepalms all around
        Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
        What's the difference?
        We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

The usual trick around here - and yes, we do have Subway here - is to just hold up one of the rolls.

With that said, it's not called a "footlong" here, since Finland hasn't historically used British Imperial measurements. Instead I ask for a "full length" one, and make an expansive gesture for emphasis. It doesn't seem right to ask for "30cm".

Comment

I bet this same customer will go up to people and ask, "What's the number for 911?"

Seriously, though??? "How long is a footlong?" DUHHHHHH, it kinda speaks for itself!

Comment

Although it seems reasonable to make fun of someone for asking how long a foot long is, based on what is happening to half gallon ice cream containers, I suppose it's not a bad idea to double check.

Comment

Working...
              X