This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smiley Sharks

So, I was on my break with one of the pharmacy techs. She was talking on the phone with her hubby and she mentions the term smiley sharks. After that she explained as into why she said it (South Park episode calling dolphins smiley sharks). Well after that conversation she kept saying sharks were mammals and dolphins were fish. She got proved wrong . I thought that was common knowledge that sharks were fish and dolphins were mammals .

It is fairly common knowledge.

Then again, just the other day I had to correct Hubby, who was certain that a bird's egg would only be fertilized after the egg was laid. He was convinced of this. I told him that fish work that way, but birds actually do have sex. He claimed he didn't believe me and put his fingers in his ears going "blah blah blah" when I tried to explain. So, some people...
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Well, years ago my mother had a conversation with an HHA who was caring for my grandmother. I don't know why they were talking about rodents, but turns out she believed that mice grew up to be rats.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Fishy flatware
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
          Fishy flatware
          $84.99 for a service of flatware for four people ?????????????????? Sheesh, some people have WAY too much money.

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
            $84.99 for a service of flatware for four people ?????????????????? Sheesh, some people have WAY too much money.
            For flatware that looks like it was etched by someone in grade school ...

Comment

Be awesome, if sold at the dollar store.

Comment

At those prices, they'd better be made with the real bones of shark robots...
                Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
                  they dropped the price to $63.74;
                  but if you do the math, at $84.99 you are paying $0.235 per piece (at 20 pieces of flatware) and at the reduced price of $63.74 you are paying $0.313 per piece (make that make sense!)
                  I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Quoth Treasure View Post
                    but if you do the math, at $84.99 you are paying $0.235 per piece (at 20 pieces of flatware) and at the reduced price of $63.74 you are paying $0.313 per piece (make that make sense!)
                    I think your calculator may be broken.

$84.99 ÷ 20 = $4.2495 and $63.74 ÷ 20 = $3.187
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Plus shipping.

Again, some people have WAY too much money!!!!!

Comment

Quoth Treasure View Post
                        Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                        I think your calculator may be broken.

$84.99 ÷ 20 = $4.2495 and $63.74 ÷ 20 = $3.187
                        Ironclad is correct. Treasure, either you used a calculator requiring Reverse Polish, or you just inverted the dividend and divisor. The latter is more likely.

GAH! The semester has been over for almost 3 weeks, and I'm taking the summer off for surgery, but I'm still in Math Geek Mode!
                        Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Working...
                        X