This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goo goo ga!

I leave for China in a few days, and am petrified of flying. I barely handle a 3 hour flight from Logan to Orlando, and this one's from Newark to Shanghai - almost 15 hours. So I got my PCP to prescribe me something to help me relax.

I head to the pharmacy to pick it up, and was told they need to verify age. Makes sense, it's a controlled substance. Oh...it's not because it's a controlled substance?

....Turns out someone at my PCP's office wrote my birthdate wrong, so instead of it being 6/29/1988, it was written as 6/29/2012.

Making me not quite a month old when I picked up the meds.

LOL! My friend had this happen, only on her DRIVER'S LICENSE. Yes, they put the current year instead of her birth year, so she was an embryo until she could get it fixed. Was way more hassle than it should've been.

I hope everything got sorted out quick and you got your medication!
    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Thankfully it did, I showed them my license with the correct birthdate and all was well.

But goodness....on her license? That must have made things interesting.

Comment

I've worked as a pharmacy technician on and off during the last 12 years. That is a surprisingly common mistake. You'd be surprised. Doctors do have their ditzy moments like that.
        "Oh, the strawberries don't taste as they used to and the thighs of women have lost their clutch!"

Comment

All we hear is Pharmacy goo goo

Pharmacy ga gaaa....

Sorry,

Another one I remember from my pharmacy days was a doctor getting so used to prescribing the same med over and over and over again for a patient that they forget to include the dosage, or the instructions, since both they and the person taking them know the routine by hart, neither discuss it, and the Doc forgets to WRITE it. They're usually kinda humiliated when you have to call them...
          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
            Another one I remember from my pharmacy days was a doctor getting so used to prescribing the same med over and over and over again for a patient that they forget to include the dosage, or the instructions, since both they and the person taking them know the routine by hart, neither discuss it, and the Doc forgets to WRITE it. They're usually kinda humiliated when you have to call them...
            Actually, this happened to a lady in front of me when I was waiting to pick up my script; only they relied on the customer herself to confirm her script, and she told them her TOTAL amount as her PER PILL amount; it wasn't til the computer popped up a warning that the total was above the recommended maximum that they called the doctor Think, max dosage 200mg, she was telling them 200mg x4 a day
            Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
            What's the difference?
            We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Many years ago I lost (stolen wallet) my social security card. No bother, I know the number. But when I was hired in a new job some years after that, I was asked to produce my birth certificate, and I had mislaid it. Nice boss suggested I use my SS card. Didn't have one. She said to go to the SS office and request a new one. I did.

They asked for my birth certificate. I explained that I needed the SS card because I couldn't find my birth certificate and did they really need it? I'd been told they wouldn't.

"Well, it's just that it says here you were born in 1873."

I went home and dug until I found my birth certificate.
              Women can do anything men can.
              But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
              Maxine

Comment

Aww, a cute wittle fetus.............................. wait......... :T

Anyways, I haven't had anything like that happen but a friend of mine has. It was back in sophomore year in HS when we were 15/16. I asked to see his permit but noticed it was on its side like the licenses that are for 21+, instead of standing up long for under 21. I then noticed the birth year as being 55.

Apparently, they had somehow put in his mother's birth year instead! He didnt want it fixed because it was too much of a hassle and too much money. But seriously?

Comment

Some years back, a company I was doing business with (I believe it was my credit card) got my birth month off by one year. Sounds minor, except that in order to do some changes to my account I needed to give them certain information about myself in order to verify that I was actually me - and one of these items was my birth date.
                  Naturally, I got it wrong.
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                  X