This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeing double

There's a relatively new coffee shop in the town I'm in. It's a nice place, and the lady who appears to own it is a very nice woman.

I went in today and ordered what's quickly becoming my 'usual'. I watch as she makes my... drink ...er... drinks? Wha? Why's she making two drinks? Identical ones, even...

She finished making the drinks and presents them both to me. Wait a second, I only ordered one. I think I only paid for one. I said as much, looking confuzzled. She checks, and... she rang me up for two drinks.

All righty then! I paid for two, you made two, they're tasty. I'll take em!
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Good for you. You didn't fling both of them at her, demand compensation for HER mistake, and threaten to call corporate (I know, there isn't one) and have her FIRED!!!!!!!!!

Way to go :-D

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
      Good for you. You didn't fling both of them at her, demand compensation for HER mistake, and threaten to call corporate (I know, there isn't one) and have her FIRED!!!!!!!!!

Way to go :-D
      Gah, I hope if I ever DO react that way to a simple mistake, no matter WHO made it, that any other kindly customers in earshot take me aside and kick my idiot ass all the way to the street.

My biggest actual concern when she made the TWO drinks instead of one was that I honestly thought I'd only paid for one, and if it had come down to it, I'd have paid her for the other one too. It would have messed me up on cash on hand later in the week, but as I said, those drinks are tasty.
      Last edited by Kittish; 07-31-2012, 01:24 PM.
      You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Aw, that was nice of you. If I were alone, I would have asked to be refunded on the one I didn't order. It already takes me long enough to drink one, lol.

Comment

Working...
        X