This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice the Fuzzy

So, I haven't been getting days off due to Other MOD being gone, and I just started a lit class, and my parents want their old house that I'm in charge of to be rentable this week, and well, the animals haven't been getting played with as much as they'd like. Pippin (da guinea peeg) has been especially vocal. So today, she's being vocal again as I'm leaving, and I'm like fine, you want attention? C'mere, piggy! And I took her to work.

I took a photo of her at the desk, and sent an email to my boss that said "I don't feel like working today, so I'm putting our mascot in charge. Her name is Pippin, and I'm sure she's capable of handling anything that comes up."

I was standing at the break room door chatting with one of our newer employees about how to split up the work today (we're a bit overstaffed). I'm holding Pippin, and waiting for him to comment, and he's not commenting for several minutes.

[New Employee]: "So, you want me to do more yard work, or work in the rooms?"
    [Me]: "Either. Both. Wherever you're needed. Ask Pippin, she's in charge."
    [New Employee]: "Who's Pippin?"
    [CW]: "Pippin is the furry thing she's holding...that's alive and moving."
    [New Employee]:
    [Me]:
    [CW]: "You need about four more cups of coffee, huh?"
    [New Employee]: "Yeah."

When I went back to the office, my boss replied "Works good for me!" So...if he's giving permission...I'm taking off. Pippin is officially in charge today.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Your boss and CWs are pretty awesome. It's always great that you can joke around with them... and bring your ickle piggie to work. Bet Pippin was very pleased.
    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Let us know how she deals with the SCs.

Comment

All hail Pippin!
        *bows before our new overlord*
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
          All hail Pippin!
          *bows before our new overlord*
          I for one welcome our fuzzy overloads

also need more pics of Pippin, just saying :P
          Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

I expect that Pippin's response to SC's would be to scratch them and/or pee on them.

Comment

Quoth Lingerie_Lackey View Post
              I expect that Pippin's response to SC's would be to scratch them and/or pee on them.
              Or bite them. Those little guys are not timid when it comes to chomping down on something or someone that makes them uncomfortable.

Or just squeal loudly (!wheeeepp wheeeep wheeeep!) when they start yelling, to show them how obnoxious they are.
              My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
              It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Quoth Lingerie_Lackey View Post
                Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
                Or bite them. Those little guys are not timid when it comes to chomping down on something or someone that makes them uncomfortable.

Or just squeal loudly (!wheeeepp wheeeep wheeeep!) when they start yelling, to show them how obnoxious they are.
                I can assure you, Pippin is skilled at any of those.

Quoth Elspeth View Post
                also need more pics of Pippin, just saying :P
                Here is what I sent my boss: Pippin doing the paperwork.

Last edited by Dave1982; 08-03-2012, 01:42 AM. Reason: Please use WIMG tags for pictures this big
                Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Aww the fuzzy cuteness! *squees*
                  Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                  Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

LOL Thanks for the happy today!!

Comment

Eeeee!!!! The adorableness is so strong it has it's own gravitation pull!

Comment

That's one smart piggy!
                        "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

Precious Pippin . . . .*giggles*

I take it she did just as good a job of running the office as the boss does when he's there.
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Does she turn into Guineasaurus Rex for SCs?

Comment

Pippin is so cute!
                              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                              My LiveJournal
                              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                              X