This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There are two queues... not three!

Another post reminded me of this. We were at our local supermarket and only had a small basket so went to the self serve which was laid out with two tills each side of an open space and everyone had split into two queues - one for each side.

We came up and joined the end of one queue and at the time saw a older gentleman (OG) standing directly between the two. Three to four people get served in front of us and OG seems not to notice. We are now at the front of the queue and start to move forward.

OG then seems to animate (like a computer game NPC when you get in range ). and looks at us confused.

Me: Please, sir, go ahead.
    OG: No, No, No.
    Me: Sir, I take it you are waiting to use the tills?
    OG: Yes, No, I won't go ahead.
    Me: OK,
    Hubby: *shrugs* Moves forward to the till.
    OG: *Spluttering and ranting*
    Hubby: *finishes up using till and we move quickly outside*
    OG: *follows us, still ranting*

We finally lose him and turn to each other in mutual confusion.

Unfortunately we've seen him a few times since and whenever we get close to him (like trying to cross the same bit of street outside the store, exiting at the same time and a couple of people behind him, him standing in the exit but out of the way) even though we don't actually interact with him or react to him he does the same thing. He starts sputtering and ranting like we've physically pushed him or shouted at him or something.

Luckily we never see him anywhere else.
    I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

He sounds a bit nutty.

At the store I go to that has self-scan, people generally stand in one line, and there are two rows of machines. They just go to the next machine that's free, left or right doesn't matter.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
    X