Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Female customer asked if meter parking receipt could be used to pay for parking fee

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Female customer asked if meter parking receipt could be used to pay for parking fee

This incident happened yesterday.

I work as a contract Visitor parking attendant at a university. Across the street from the booth that I work in there is a meter lot that is owned by the city.

Female customer drives up to the booth window, & asks me "is this Visitor parking?" I tell her yes, & that the fee to park in the garage is $5.00. There is also a sign stating the parking fee that I place outside the booth.

I notice that there is a receipt in her hand. She tells me that she paid for her parking at the meter lot, but that she could not find an empty parking spot.

I let her know that the fee to park at Visitor parking is $5.00. She then tells me "but the meter lot across the street is full!!!"

I let her know that the meter lot is owned by the city, not the university. I also let her know that the meter lot is not affiliated with the university.

She left.

She paid for her parking before finding a space?
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
      She paid for her parking before finding a space?
      That's what I thought! Don't you usually park, then get out & feed the meter?!
      Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
      What's the difference?
      We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Quoth rose_metal_nz View Post
        That's what I thought! Don't you usually park, then get out & feed the meter?!
        Only if your brain is switched on, apparently.

This is kind of funny. I can understand being a bit annoyed because you paid up for a few hours and whatever you were doing ended up only taking half an hour or something, but... not parking at ALL? *shakes head*

Comment

Working...
        X