This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recreating that which is already created

I come in this morning to find AccountGuy and Junior Graphic Artist working away at something on JGA's computer. I'm only half listening to what's going on but it's got to do with creating a graphic for some company self promotion stuff. About half an hour later JGA calls me over to ask how to skew and perspectivise (is that a word?) a block of text. I go over to look at what they're creating: a street sign with the name of the street we're on.

Me: Why are you making a street sign?
    JGA: For our brochure.
    Me: But why are you doing it in Photoshop?
    AG: We want it for the back page of the brochure.
    Me: Why not just take a picture of one?
    AG: We have one. It's a stock image of our city's street signs. Now I'm getting JGA to put our street name on it.
    Me: No, I mean why not just take a picture of one? (I point over his shoulder out the window where there is an actual sign.)
    JGA: O_o
    AG: ...umm, yeah. I guess that would work, too.
    Me: Glad I could help.

indeed.

in my photography class a couple of years ago, the teacher would always point out that it's far easier to do things - or correct issues - when you're taking the photo, than trying to fix it afterwards with photoshop.

granted he wasn't against photoshop - the rules were that we HAD to edit the photo anyway, even if it's just one pixel. but the more effort we put in to actually taking the photo (setting up background etc), the less we'd have to correct afterwards.

and indeed, photographing a sign you have easy access to vs making one ... one would think would be a no-brainer

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
      and indeed, photographing a sign you have easy access to vs making one ... one would think would be a no-brainer
      The problem arises in that you need a working brain to do something that is a no-brainer.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Meh..that's just a sign (no pun) of over-analyzing, really.

I've overcomplicated things several times because of the way my own brain works.

It's still amusing, though.

Comment

well, at least they were willing to do the work for it! i think it shows that they're hard workers? XD they just over thought things.

Comment

Working...
          X