This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forgetfulness at the credit union...self sighting

Last Thursday I stopped at my credit union to sign the loan papers for a new car. The amount is not insignificant and represents the largest purchase I've made excluding my education. (This is rather important to my reaction.)

The weather and roads were terrible. Highway closures. People dying. I called to let them know I'd be a couple of minutes late and my loan officer says she just got in and isn't really ready for me. I tell her no rush, but I wanted to call because I was going to be late and I think it is disrespectful to be late and not let the person waiting on me know.

So I go in, sign all the papers, chat with her about the bad roads and how management is really cracking down on them. She'd have taken the day off, but and head out.

My next stop was Sam's Club to pick up supplies for the Superbowl. As I'm wandering the aisles my phone rings. It's my loan officer.

LO: Antares
    Me: Yes?
    LO: Uh...I forgot to give you the check.

To which I just burst out laughing.

LO: No. NO! Don't laugh at me.
    Me: I'm not laughing at you. I'm laughing at the fact that I signed papers for that amount of money and walked out without the check.
    LO: I've never done this before. I'm sitting here crying.
    Me: Don't worry about it.
    LO: Where are you?
    Me: At the store on the corner.
    LO: Oh. I was afraid you were at the dealership. I was going to say I'd bring it down there. Whatever I needed to do.
    Me: I'll be back in a bit and pick it up.

Mind you, I was laughing throughout the entire conversation.

I went back and assured her that I didn't think that it reflected poorly on her or her ability to do her job. That I'd walked out without realizing I didn't have the check and that stuff happens.
    I'd tell you where to go, but I work there and I don't want to see you everyday.

My photo blog.

always fun to laugh at ourselves.

although part of me wants to give the LO a now cos... she's likely had a lot of SCs if she automatically thinks the worst

Comment

Yeah, if her first reaction is to burst into tears, she must've had some real pieces of work ... as you said, crap happens, and you also forgot to ask for the cheque.

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
        Yeah, if her first reaction is to burst into tears, she must've had some real pieces of work ... as you said, crap happens, and you also forgot to ask for the cheque.
        Yeah, that's what I told her. I was just as guilty.

I've been there a number of times talking to her. She said she usually takes the day off when the roads are as bad as they were, but management is really putting the screws to them and they've cut 2 of the 5 people in her department though work hasn't slacked off. She didn't want to call off because she was afraid to and didn't want to put the extra workload on her coworkers. It didn't help that she was running late and was frazzled by that.

I thought of sending her a small arrangement of flowers saying I hoped her day would get better, but then thought that would be creepy so refrained.
        I'd tell you where to go, but I work there and I don't want to see you everyday.

My photo blog.

Comment

And it's sad when a kindly impulse is apt to be so badly misconstrued ...

Comment

Maybe send a letter to her boss letting him/her know how valuable an employee she is?
            The angels have the phone box.

Comment

Flowers may be misconstrued as being creepy, but I think maybe just a nice, friendly card with a little note of, "It's okay, everyone has an off-day!" would be nice.
              My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
              It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Working...
              X