This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not one of my finest moments

As I sit here, typing this, I do so with a bandaged thumb, a wish that I could kick myself, and some sound advice for y'all:

Be very careful when cleaning scissors. This was very much not one of my best moments. I was cleaning a pair of scissors and managed to slice my thumb open. It stings, but the embarrassment over having done it is almost worse. Almost, because the sting is quite powerful.
    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Poor firecat! If it makes you feel any better, I have a lovely scar on my thumb from when I thought it would be a good idea to cut a tomato whilst holding onto it rather than on a plate or cutting board.
    "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

I have a scar on my palm from when I was 8 and I tried to open a soda bottle with a steak knife.
      ......../\
      ....../__\
      ..../\...../\
      ../__\../__\

Comment

I managed to cut myself while shaving with an electric razor.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

What I like about these is (having done similar FAR too many times to count) is that the thought often goes through one's head as you start the task "Wow, this is stupid, what if..."

I was just gutting jalapenos last night and looked at the knife angle. THIS time I listened to me. If only I took my advice more often.

Heal fast firecat.

Comment

Quoth Sarah Valentine View Post
            I have a scar on my palm from when I was 8 and I tried to open a soda bottle with a steak knife.
            I was 18.
            "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
            X