This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first day f-ups

I recently got re-hired by a company that I had worked for a couple of years ago. Yesterday was my first day at my new location. Because of my previous work experience they gave me a key and an alarm code right away. I thought I was doing really well, I remembered everything pretty much everything. I closed last night, typed in my code, locked the door, and went home.

*cut to 1:30 this morning*

The alarm company called me and told me the alarm was not set. (Bit of clarification, most alarm panels will give you a count down beep as you exit the store, this one does not. It makes no noise whatsoever) They had also called my manager and my DM and told them I didn’t set the alarm. So I had to go back down to the store to re-set the alarm (which I didn't mind that much b/c I usually don't go to sleep until around 3 am) but I was kinda upset that now everyone knows I screwed up on my first day.

My exact mistake? Hit 'set alarm', typed in code, DID NOT PRESS ENTER! oy
    Our brains are smarter than we think they am!

Yikes! ((hugs))

I messed up majorly (or at least the owner makes it seem that way) on my first solo closing as well...I have everything down but factors beyond my control resulted in a huge brainfart (and the cause of the brainfart is making it seem like I was the one who dropped the ball).

The panel not giving any sort of countdown is strange...is there a visual countdown (which doesn't seem sufficient)?
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

nope. no sound, no lights, nothing. But all is well, my DM assumed that the alarm co. screwed up, not me!! Don't know how she justified that assumption, but I'm not gonna question it.
      Our brains are smarter than we think they am!

Comment

My first day I spilled a King Size drink on myself. Whoops.
        It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
        ~~~H.L. Mencken

Comment

Working...
        X