This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clean vs. NOT clean

Okay, this happened just less than an hour ago, and I'm feeling more than a bit like an idiot.

Guy calls, wants to check in now, as opposed to 13 hours from now like his original reservation stated. No problem, room looks fine in the system. He comes in, and I put on tonight on to his tab, and run it through. He's a touch annoyed at it being full price for tonight, but come on, it's 3 in the morning. Check-in time is 3 or 4 in the afternoon. I tell him he can take it up with the full time staff on Tuesday, as Monday's a holiday. He's fine with that, and I'm fine, because I know they'll back me.

Try to post his payment before I check him in in the system, and my program crashes. Just. . . dies. So since I was in the middle of posting the payment, I get co-worker to post it on her system, which is already going to present interesting issues later. Co-worker posts it, but doesn't check him in on the system (big no-no), then goes on break. Guy goes up to the room, then comes back down about 5 minutes later, and tells me the room is disgusting, that it hasn't been cleaned, yadda yadda. I apologize and offer to move him to another room, and check that one myself before anything else happens. Seeing as guy is already annoyed from extra night charge, he decided to just cancel his reservation and go, because the first impression is important. I kind of agree on principle, so I call him a cab, give him my boss's card, as he wants to call him, remind him about the Tuesday thing, apologize for the mix up, and watch him leave.

I then go into the system to make some notes, and notice that he wasn't checked in on the system, go to do that to clear the reservation, and this pops up "Room is not marked as clean and ready, do you still want to proceed?" which then prompts a mental barrage of profanity, directed at myself for somehow missing that, co-worker for not checking him in properly, which would have alerted us to that fact before he went up there, and whichever co-worker decided to leave the room off the cleaning report despite the fact the room was needed the next day.

And then it gets worse. I forgot to mention 2 facts to him, and this is going to cause issues.
    1) Refunds take 4-6 weeks to be processed, because they have to go through the finance department of the college, and they're really slow.
    2) Cancellation policy is 48 hours notice, or no refund.
    So basically, this guy's paid for the room, it was nasty, decided to go elsewhere, and even *if* he gets a refund, it's going to take forEVER to get it back.

Oi. I'm glad I'm going AWAY for just over a week, so I'm not going to have to deal with this. >_<
    Last edited by Broomjockey; 08-06-2007, 09:54 AM.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
    Oi. I'm glad I'm going AWAY for just over a week, so I'm not going to have to deal with this. >_<
    AS long as you left copious and intelligible notes...
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Yeah, sent a long email to my boss, and a short note on the account.
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I have had instances like that too. I also work front desk at a hotel and I found out about a problem we had had the night before. It seems in the middle of the night, someone checked into their room. When they got there and opened the door, they found that the room was already being used. The other guy wakes up in the middle of the night and nearly attacks the guy in self-defense.

It turns out we had a new-hire and the morning shift decided that letting him check-in guests on his own with no training was perfectly fine. When the first guest came in, he gave them keys without taking a credit card, ID, or money. He didn't mark in the computer that anything had occured and their registration card was still sitting in the stack of incoming reservations.

Since another employee thought he hadn't checked in yet, he moved his room around because someone had a request at check-in we thought we could fulfill.

It was such a mess

Comment

Working...
        X