This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• :( I snapped again.

I snapped at another customer. It really doesn't happened much, but even once should be too much.

We're not allowed to make change, unless someone buys something. A guy comes in telling me that he's never been to Plaid Pantry before, nad that's he from California and needs to call home, can he have 4 quarters for a dollar. I tell him if he can ether wait til someone buys something, or he'll have to get something. He says' no problem, and buys some matches. (We charge .10 cents for matches, unless they buy something).

He gave me one dollar, and a quarter. I give him his change, turn to get the matches, and uh-oh, we're out. I ask him to hold on one second, and I'll run to the back and grab some. Against rules, we can't have customers up front, but I figure it'll be 10 seconds, I run, grab, run back, give him the matches, he leaves to use the phone outside.

Something's missing. I don't know what, but something is missing at my register.

I open the cabnet, rewind the tape five seconds, and during that time frame that I was gone, he grabbed a bunch of chocolate covered cherries, and stuffed them in his pants.

I put the tape forward back to orginal time, hit record, and book outside. THe converstation kinda went like this.

ME: *Bursting open the door* You soneofabitch owe me a dollar!!!!
    SC: *Turns red* Gives me a dollar. THEN askes why.
    ME: *Grabbing the dollar* Because of the cherries!!!

I open the door to go back in, but I stopped.

ME: WHY? WHy the hell would you do that? Why the hell would you steal from a store, and cherries!? You had the damn money!

SC: I dunno. I'm stupid....

ME: NO, your borderline f-ing retarded is what you are. WHY just tell me why the hell would you do that? Did you know that I'm not suppose to go in the back? But I wanted to BE NICE to you? To show you that Plaid Pantries are GOOD? and you turn and STEAL FROM ME? THe hell is the matter with you?

SC: *He just shrugs*

ME: Get off the lot man. Seriously.

SC: *Turns and leaves*
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

What an idiot.

Personally I wouldn't sweat this too much...in my opinion, thieves aren't really "customers" because they are taking from the company, not giving money in exchange for services.

Some people are just too dumb to live.

Comment

You didn't snap at a customer, you snapped at a thief. Nothing to be ashamed about!

I'm actually surprised the buttmunch didn't deny the theft, plus start screaming at you, like so many do when they're caught.

Mike
      Meow.........

Comment

ditto. that was not a customer. first he was just wanting change. then he was a thief. You were too nice by just yelling at him.
        Everything sucks. I must be living in a vacuum.

Comment

Working...
        X