This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The snark was strong in me today

and it took all my willpower to resist it, and sometimes I failed.

On occasion, the things I'd normally keep in my little skull, just slipped out. Although only the polite versions.

I forget what the actual discussion was about, but one of my customers said to me, and I quote
    'But if the bigger one is on offer, why do you even have the smaller one there! The bigger one is cheaper! Why is the smaller one there?'
    And I responded
    'Because we do'.
    Apparently, according to my colleague, my facial expression as I said it was hilarious.

Well, at least it's not as bad as was going through my head.
    Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Because people will buy a small one, even if it's a more expensive, simply because... dun dun DUN!!! WANT A SMALL ONE! Wow. What a concept!
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Don't I know it. Even when two large, say, drinks, is cheaper then two smaller drinks, people will still buy the smaller pair, 'because it's all they want'.

But.. wha...? It's not like we're forcing you to drink it all... You can drink how much you want, and toss (or hey! save) the rest for later....
      3 Basic rules for ordering food.
      - Order from the menu.
      - If you order something that will take some time to cook, then be prepared to wait.
      - Don't talk about Fight Club.

Comment

I've been known to go to Timmies and buy a sandwich and coffee, and confound the server when I turn down the recommendation to get "the deal" (coffee, sandwich, donought) as that is cheaper than buying a coffee and sandwich separately.

The problem with "the deal" is that it comes with a donought. Which I cannot help but eat, not having the will power to throw it out once it is in my hand. And for some reason, asking for "the deal" and not actually taking the donought isn't allowed.
        There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

Quoth It's me View Post
          The problem with "the deal" is that it comes with a donought. Which I cannot help but eat, not having the will power to throw it out once it is in my hand. And for some reason, asking for "the deal" and not actually taking the donought isn't allowed.
          Throws off inventory, staff probably aren't allowed to accept it if offered.
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth GingerBiscuit View Post
            'Because we do'.
            I say something like that all the time.

"It is what it is. Price is X."

They can take it or leave it. If you want the small, get it.
            I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

I even had this occur in a supermarket, where the 1Kg pack was cheaper than the 500g pack. I pointed it out to the guy grabbing the 500g, but he looked at it for at least enough seconds to assimilate what I said, but then still decided to take the 500g pack...

I should have followed him to see if he had a scarey significant other.

Comment

One of the most common reasons not to buy the ridiculously cheap larger packet (seriously, with out glucosamine at the moment, 30 tablets are about £10, 60 tablets are £2 CHEAPER, is 'oh, I'm getting it for someone else, I'd better get exactly what they wanted'.
                When I'm getting someone else something, and I see a bigger size pack for less oney, I'm going to get that, and figure they'll be happy they got more stuff and saved a litle money!
                Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

To me, when it comes to food, I will buy smaller even if its a little more expensive, like for candy.
                  as It's Me said, I lack the willpower. If food is infront of me, ill probly eat it. So instead of buying a big 1 dollar bag of candy, ill buy a 75 cent candy bar.
                  http://www.vilecity.com/index.php?r=221271
                  Cyberpunk mayhem!

Comment

Working...
                  X