X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *I'm* supposed to take those off?

Definite candidate for "oops" here.

Back in the day, I remember the coupons that were attached to products clearly said "Void if not removed by cashier" or something similar, perhaps to reduce fraud or theft of coupons. So I've never removed the coupons from the products myself when I get checked out. Often times, the coupons were forgotten, left on the products, what-have-you, but I still didn't think I was supposed to remove them myself.

So tonight, I point out a coupon that's attached to a two-pack of 9V batteries that we're buying at Kmart. The cashier nicely tells me that I should remove the coupon next time. So it's been okay for all this time to take the coupons off and here I am doing things the old way.
    "Well, ergo cogitum daltitum e pluribus shut your piehole." -Mike Rowe

I've always taken those kinds of coupons off myself. What's the difference? It's not like you can use more than one coupon for each item anyway...
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I, personally, would ask the cashier...
      I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
        I've always taken those kinds of coupons off myself. What's the difference? It's not like you can use more than one coupon for each item anyway...
        The manager at my former hell convenience store would beg to differ. I know you're not supposed to, but he'd let people do that all the time. His brother (now former owner of said store) would agree; their rationale is that they get the money back plus 8¢, so what does it matter?

Back to the issue at hand though...I've always been a stickler for the way things are supposed to be, and I...well, let that cloud my judgment, I guess. Now I realize it doesn't matter, and I should've known that long ago. Oh well.

Comment

What about a compromise? Leave them on until you're ready to check out and then take them off in front of the cashier, so she sees you do it. I think the whole idea behind the "void unless removed by cashier" thing was to stop people switching tags.

If you remove the coupons at the register and hand them right to the cashier, wouldn't that cover your bases either way?

Comment

Quoth Morrigan View Post
            If you remove the coupons at the register and hand them right to the cashier, wouldn't that cover your bases either way?
            I'd probably be doing it that way from now on anyway. I wouldn't go and take them off before I get to the register, since that might give people ideas.
            Last edited by Ree; 01-06-2008, 03:32 AM. Reason: Excessive quoting

Comment

Working...
            X