X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoo boy.

I just remembered this.

In **'s are my thoughts.

We used to have a choices video store down the road from us. We were members, and my fiance at lest had been so for at least six years. It had always been a choices. We probably went onceor twice a month, nothing major.

So, one day, we think - hey, we've got a day off, why don't we pop down and choose a dvd?

So we amble down the road, talking to each other, not paying attention to anything but each other... and we spend around 20 mins choosing a dvd. We head up to the counter and they start asking us a load of questions. Like 'what's your name?' and 'What#'s your address?'
    This has never happened before, but I assume that they're computers are playing up and they've lost our details, so we're patient.

Then the clerk says
    'OK, we don't have any of your details here, but you're abviously a member of the previous store...'
    *wait, PREVIOUS store?*
    'Do you have any former addresses you would have been at?
    So Jos goes through all his previous addresses till we find the one on their computer. And they take our card away- and give us a nice, new, shiny Blockbusters card.

It had been a blovkbusters for a month. The signs were right outside. We'd just not noticed.

So we head outside, I look up at the shiny new 'Blockbusters' sign and say 'Huh. Well, who knew?'
    Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Thats pretty funny

Comment

Working...
    X