Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was an SC. Kinda. Sorta. Not really.

I went to Media Play because I had been eyeing a particular game about rollerblading, and my grades were good, so my dad took me.

We got it, went to the car, and started down the road.
    I popped the cartridge in my Game Boy, and began playing. The game wasn't what I expected. From the display on the box, it looked like a kick-ass stunt skating game, but it was actually some sort of awful racing game, with no excitement whatsoever!

We gathered up all the manuals, put the game back in the box, and turned around to take it back. I complained that it wasn't what I thought it was, and the employee thought it over for a while.

Surprisingly, they took it back, and I got something different that I enjoyed.
    Maybe they decided to have mercy on the poor kid (I was 10 at the time), and probably thought I would have thrown a fit if they didn't take it back.
    "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

I was just about to ask, "Do they still have Media Play stores? I thought they all went out of business. The one in my area closed down almost a year ago." Then I got to the part where you said you were only 10.

I guess game cartridges aren't as easily copied as say, a CD, so maybe that's why they took it back.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post

I guess game cartridges aren't as easily copied as say, a CD, so maybe that's why they took it back.
      That's what I was thinking.
      OT: Nice avatar, Iron Maiden is awesome.
      "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Working...
      X