X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OUCH!!

I was running late for work today.
    I had booked off until noon, as I had to go with my Mom for some tests at the hospital in another town about 45 minutes away, and her appointment was at 10 am. We didn't get back to town until almost noon, and I still had to change.
    When I got in the house, I discovered that my foster daughter seemed to be doing a no show from school, although she claimed she was just home for lunch, and she had a friend with her, and she isn't allowed to have friends here when I am not home.

Needless to say, that took a bit of my time dealing with those things.

So it was almost 10 minutes after 12 when I was getting into my cab. I was turning to look back at the house as I was stepping in to the cab and pulling the door shut at the same time.

WHACK!!!

I caught myself right in the side of my head, just over my eye, with the corner of the door.

I don't have a black eye, but I do have a bit of a goose egg beside my eye, as well as a headache for most of the afternoon, and whenever I forget and rub my head or eye, it hurts like hell.

What a klutz.

I keep worrying that I will end up with a bruise there, but so far, so good.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

to make it feel better
    ANNIE

Every day I work with you is two days of therapy!!!!!

Comment

I think I may have to start hoarding the bubble wrap at work. I'm afraid for your safety when you come out here in February.

*picturing Ree ensconced in bubble wrap*
      *picturing Raps and myself breaking the bubbles*

Umm....maybe I'll look for some styrofoam instead. We could glue those little "peanuts" to you. You don't suppose it might make us look suspicious/weird at the border?
      Last edited by The Gatekeeper; 01-22-2009, 01:55 PM. Reason: creative spelling
      "smacked upside the head by the harsh of daylight" - Tori Amos "The Beauty of Speed"

a sucking chest wound is merely mother nature's way of telling you to slow down - Arm

Comment

LOL...I once photshopped a picture for JAM with her wrapped in bubble wrap and caution tape. Now I'm thinking it would be better with my head on the person.

I felt so stupid when I did it, but that was after. I swore like a drunken sailor first.
        Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

The drunken sailor part is what I'm afraid of. You know what you and I are like once we get to "relaxing". If we stay away from snowmobiles hopefully you'll be o.k. But what about the snow tubing?

Caution tape, eh? I can probably get my hands on some of that. You're new hat could always be a safety cone!
          "smacked upside the head by the harsh of daylight" - Tori Amos "The Beauty of Speed"

a sucking chest wound is merely mother nature's way of telling you to slow down - Arm

Comment

Working...
          X