This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counted Out Too Much When Cashing 2 Checks

Yesterday, I cashed 2 checks for a customer and both were the same amount. I put them through the check approval system and they were approved.

I found out later from the FEM, who was pretty understanding, that I gave him more than I should have and the customer brought the money back. She even put a gift card aside for him to get the next time he came in for being honest about the extra money.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

Yay on the customer for being the decent sort.

You may have had a couple of bills stick together. I've been dealing with that lately, and ended up having my till off by a couple dollars one night, probably for that reason.

Stupid new sticky bills.

Comment

I hate sticky bills too...I end up going really slow because I go OCD trying to make sure I'm really not giving back two when I mean to give back one.

*gives hugs to purplecat* It happens to the best of us. If they're not sweating it, you shouldn't either.

That's easy for me to say, though...I've been on that side of the fence and I kicked myself longer than I should. I can understand the feeling.
      Osoroshii kangae nimo osoware masu...

Comment

If i remember I try to get a small paper cup and put some damp paper towels in it if I have new bills in my tray. If your fingers are even sligtly damp, the new bills don't seem to stick together. Also if some one gives me two or three new twenties I take a couple of seconds and crinkle each of them a little bit. They way they are easier to make sure I only have one when I need it to make change later.

Comment

Yeah, the best way to keep them from sticking in the crinkle them a bit.

Though there is something neat to me about a brand new crisp 20

Comment

If your work won't supply it get sortqwik from staples or office depot or even the stationary section of Wal-Mart. This stuff is wonderful!

Comment

Working...
            X