This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plaidman's slip of the tongue

So this man comes in. He getting bread and milk and some soup. He is scourging for change to pay for it all, and i'm getting a line. Now Plaidman has a heart. (Heh, yeah I know...). So if people are little short for food, I don't care. Stuff like that is needed. But I won't cover for beer and cigs.

Plaidman: "How short are you man?"
    Man: *looks up at me, staring... just staring*
    Plaidman: *Thinking Dick, trying to help you...*
    Man: *Slams down the money, takes his stuff and leaves*

During this time the entire store is silent.

Next customer comes up. "I can't belive you said that to him!"

Plaidman: ??? Wha...?
    Customer: "Was rude. Even from you."
    Plaidman: "What the hell man?"
    Customer: *blinking* "You didn't realize?"

Then it was like a sun has exploded into the store as I finally see the light.
    The customer that was buying bread and stuff, was a short man. Like under five feet. I was talking about his purchuese. His height didn't even factor into my mind really.

So now store thinks I'm more of a dick then normal, and I'm guessing the dude will call and complain the way he looked at me. I didn't even freaking mean that way
    Last edited by Plaidman; 03-04-2009, 05:37 PM.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Aww, i wouldn't beat yourself up. You had good intentions. It sucks that that happened, but he'll get over it. And really, if being short is his biggest problem, he's a pretty lucky guy.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Not your fault. The way I see it if people are insecure about them selves to the point where a comment can set them off like that.... its ALL on them. ..... then again... maybe I'm just an ass.....
      "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
      -Red

Comment

Awww. Not your fault at all. People take offense to stupid things.

I remember when I started out at McD's and I asked a guy if he would like his coffee black. He gave me a look that clearly said he was offended. The guy was black.

C'mon people!!

<3 ya!
        "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Don't worry about it. This guy just sounds a little oversensitive. I'm a 4' 10.5" dumpy female who wears glasses. Being in that situation, the only way to survive without having a heart attack before you're 30 is to learn to laugh at yourself first - I'm usually the one making the jokes, when someone looks like they're going to start, which diffuses the situation. My personal favourite name that's been thrown at me? 'The Mighty Mole'. I'd have used it when I started my lj, but someone else had already got it *pouts*
          "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Working...
          X