Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you sure you don't have any in the back?!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you sure you don't have any in the back?!

I see that phrase so often here on the site, often asked by customers who refuse to believe that your shop is out of a certain item etc.

But this weekend, it actually happened to myself.
    I have a small, one-person business combining second-hand goods with crafting materials.
    This weekend, as usual, I was on a market with my stall, and a lady had spotted my basket with old, rather ragged, strongly downpriced wool. She wanted to buy it all up. Fine. We agree on a price, and she pays and takes the wool.
    She then asks me: is that really all the old wool you have with you?

I said, yeah, I believe I have a box of scraps at home, but not here with me.
    She asked several times: Are you SURE you don't have any more wool in the back of your stall? (I actually started thinking about this site then).

I kept assuring her that no, I really didn't have any more cheap wool for sale.
    So she thanks me and leaves.
    She was barely out of my sight, when I turn around in my stall to get something aaaaand... what do I find, but another bag of cheap wool.
    Yeah. Maybe I should try to go to bed earlier, when I have an early fleamarket the next day.

I really like when you get two of those in a row and the second hears everything you told the first. "You didn't have any in the back for her, do you have any in the back for me?" Same item and no it wasn't a joke because she kept asking about it.
    ......../\
    ....../__\
    ..../\...../\
    ../__\../__\

Comment

Working...
    X