Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you work at a certain South Jersey Cinemark, I wasn't scamming you.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you work at a certain South Jersey Cinemark, I wasn't scamming you.

This happened about a month ago... went to see the midnight movie at a Cinemark movie theater (they show classic movies at midnight on Fridays)

I had a couple of twenties and a ten on me. I had the intention of purchasing a drink and some candy with a $20 and then using some of the change to play video games.

Well, I have one of the worst short-term memories in the western hemisphere. It's been a problem since I was a kid. Like when you walk into a room and forget why you went in there or you ask someone a question and then ask the same question a minute later.

In the time it took for me to get in line and order, I forgot that I meant to use a $20 and instead gave the guy my only $10.

Me:
    C: Clerk who probably thinks I'm trying to rip him off

Me: *expecting more change back* Didn't I give you a $20?

C: No, it was a $10.

Me: ??? *checks pockets, finds only $20's* Oh...

C: *clerk pops open register, I recognize my 10* Yeah, you paid with a $10.

Me: Sorry... sorry about that. Wasn't thinking. Long week.

*slinks away to play House of the Dead*

Now, I'm sure the vast majority of people who try to pull that crap are scammers, but I legitimately thought I gave the guy a different bill.

So... whoops.

I doubt he got mad at you, you were apologetic, and you didn't raise a fuss.
    That kind of memory I like to call my 'Etch-A-Sketch memory'... if I shake my head too hard, I forget what I was doing.
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

i have that too, sometimes; i fondly (or sometimes, not so fondly) call it mental pause.
      look! it's ghengis khan!
      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
        That kind of memory I like to call my 'Etch-A-Sketch memory'... if I shake my head too hard, I forget what I was doing.
        Lucky you. I usually don't even need to shake my head to achieve that...

Comment

Working...
        X