This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok so i'm really dumb

Thanks to the "Look, Lady" thread I remembered this from yesterday.

I called up my local chinese shop and put in an order for delivery. Theres an 18$ minimum and a 2$ delivery charge on top of that. I figured out what i wanted online, totaled up how much it was so I could figure out what I'd be paying after tip. Woo being prepared! It was like 22$ in food (what? its delicious, ok). I order my food and.. well im not proud of myself ok?

Lady: Okay so <repeats my order>?
    Me: Yeap
    Lady: Okay thatll be 27$
    Me: 27???
    Lady: You wanted <repeats my order again>?
    Me: Yeah..
    Lady: with tax and delivery charge its 27$

I forgot the tax and delivery. i blame it on the delicious chinese food thoughts clouding my brain.

Kung pao for breakfast <3
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Happens to the best of us. Sometimes the stomach is talking just a bit louder than the brain.

Comment

been there done that, I like he places that make delivery free if you order more than 25$, with kids that's easy.
      It's a tough row to hoe, and I'm just the Joe to hoe it.

Comment

I do that myself. I'm always forgetting things like delivery charges and tax when mentally adding up an order total. Although once, it happened in reverse: I was unaware of Pizza Hut's $10 pizza thing, mentally budgeted for what my last pizza cost, and then found out I was getting it very nearly 50% off (not including the tip I'd mentally budgeted in).

I think I made that delivery driver's week. I had planned to spend $20 on pizza, and I was going to spend $20, dammit! I gave him a 75% tip.

Comment

Working...
        X