This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60 hrs in 7 days..4 hrs overtime

Well I was an idiot and volunteered to fill in 2 days for somebody, and work a 12 for them (instead of my normal 8). Should have been 20 hours overtime, but NO...vacation and weird work week means I lose out on 8 hours..because 16 of those hours will not be counted as overtime. Now I am kicking myself for volunteering.

Yes it is a NICE check, but 8 hours more would have certainly been nicer. With College, and all that meant a 72 hour week not counting homework time. Bleh.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Did this 7 days and 60 hours cross over the dividing line from one pay-week to the next?

If it was all in the same pay week and you actually physically worked 60 hours, then you're due a lot more overtime.

Otherwise, then, yeah... you get a lot of hours on your check, but not so much in overtime.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

*huggles* Sorry hon.

Now, don't go volunteering for weird shifts next week, k?
      "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
        Did this 7 days and 60 hours cross over the dividing line from one pay-week to the next?

If it was all in the same pay week and you actually physically worked 60 hours, then you're due a lot more overtime.

Otherwise, then, yeah... you get a lot of hours on your check, but not so much in overtime.

^-.-^
        Unfortunately it crossed over the dividing line. So I ended up with 100 total hours on the check, and 102 hrs worth of pay (4 was overtime). Because 40 of it was vacation time, however, they don't have to pay me overtime for 16 of the hours.

And Bardic hun..I wouldn't DREAM of doing over time next week. Heck I wish I had vacation left, cause I'd be taking it!
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
        X