This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sew-On Flag Patches

A customer came through my till with a pack of Canadian flag sew-on patches, and asked me if there were any in Nova Scotia.

My first thought was "um, we're in Nova Scotia, so yeah, there are." I asked if she meant in the mainland (thinking that she might be on her way down there and was wondering if our stores down that way carried them) and she told me that she wanted Nova Scotia flag patches.

Oh. That's what she meant.

I told her that sorry, we didn't carry them. Just the Canadian ones and she paid and left. I felt kind of silly afterward for misunderstanding her.

That's what happens when I come in for a morning shift on my day off after staying up late the night before and not having something loaded with caffeine first.
    my favourite author is neil gaiman. - me
    it is? I don't like potatoes much. - the chatbot I was talking to

Sounds like when I worked at the discount store and a woman came in asking for "Child's thongs" I looked at her like she was retarded and I guess she caught it because she quickly corrected herself. "Child's flip-flops." Sweet mother of god. LOL

The scary thing was - the previous morning - two kids came in who couldn't have been more than 10 or 11 and purchased... THONGS... and I'm not talking sandals..

Comment

Working...
    X