X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is that the time?

I really feel guilty now!

I had totally forgotten that I'd woken up so early this morning.

So a reasonable length of time after I got up I rang a bookseller to see what was going on with my order and whether one of the books was ready for collection.

The gentleman on the other end of the phone said he would be a while checking because he was still unlocking everything. That was fine with me.

That book was in but the other hadn't been shipped by head office yet. So I thank him and call head office. Their message tells me they aren't open yet which surprises me.

So I look at the clock and realise... its only 7.45am!

I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Where I work, items that are on backorder often slip and slip and slip further onto even longer backorder, which is really sucky on the company's part of course, but we do have people trained to make backorder callouts to the affected customers. Since we're on the East Coast and we serve all of the US and Canada, I guess some of these folks were making calls too early, because recently management had to make a list of times that we had to wait until to make calls to the other time zones
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Working...
    X