This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tripping and Breaking Stuff

I have a fairly bad limp and have a tendency to trip over things a lot. Usually it isn't a problem as I've gotten good at keeping my balance. Now this of course is a good thing, as hurting myself at work all the time would mean me out of a job.

Anyhow. Our trays at work cost $25.00 a piece. They are sturdy and actually worth the price. Now though they have seen four years of constant use so I doubt they are in all that great shape.

Turns out I was right. While carting about fifty of these at once upstairs I tripped and slammed into the cart, knocking it over and breaking every single tray. Now luckily my job has a policy that we don't have to pay for what we break, but damn do I feel guilty for destroying over $1000 worth of trays in thirty seconds.
    My medical conditions include: Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Epilepsy, Dyslexia, and Bipolar Depression

Deal with it.

I would feel guilty too, but it was an accident...
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I can relate to the guilt! When I was 16 I worked in a hotel on functions. I picked up a tray of champagne glasses that had been stacked the wrong way (unlike wine glasses champagne glasses should be kept upright). Not knowing this, I pick up the tray, one wobbled and sent the rest shattering to the floor around me. About £500 worth. I didn't have to pay thank god as it wasn't my fault, if I had it would have been about 3 months wages as I only worked there on weekends!
      My Crafting Profile http://www.craftster.org/forum/index...ofile;u=139859

Comment

When I worked in food service in a hotel for the Mouse, I managed to break the hinges on the door to the walk-in refrigerator that held the drinks and cold groceries for guests. They had to lock the person (usually me), that was stocking inside the cooler because the door wouldn't seal properly if it wasn't locked. It took them a few days to get around to fixing it.

Comment

Impressive.
          BUT.
          I took out the transmission on a golf cart by driving over a removable post/bollard collar. (The posts are used in broad sidewalks to control traffic. Physical Plant vehicles have the keys to these posts, and can remove them to gain access to <whatever>, leaving a collar of about three inches of steel sticking out of the ground. I thought the cart could clear it. ... It sheared a chunk of metal out of the drive train/fluid pan. XD )
          Yeah.
          Were/are you okay? >_>
          EDIT: besides, the trays have depreciated since they are old. So maybe like 15 each?
          "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
          "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Working...
          X