Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry that woman was such a psychotic germaphobe.

You have to expose you kids to some germs, otherwise their immune systems will be stunted and they will not be able to fight infections and dieseases as adults.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

My daughters (16 months old) newest thing is to drink from the dogs water bowl...and try to share a cut with you filled from it. We have kept her away from the kitty roca so far though.

Comment

Quoth Gizmo View Post
        How as a two year old I managed to get up there and down again without hurting myself I don't know.
        I'm pretty sure toddlers are invincible, it's the only explanation.

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
        and eat the dog kibble out of the bowl
        It was cat kibble, thank you. And I didn't eat if from the bowl, I ate it from the storage bin. Honestly, some people.
        Last edited by ArcticChicken; 09-08-2011, 03:52 AM.
        The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Sounds like she could be the mother of Howard Hughes himself! She wants to bitch and moan over a stupid ice cream cone when she should consider what she's touching all day with her own hands. It was a stupid simple little thing and I would've thought nothing of it at all. Plus, one kid might have more germs on them then a single dollar bill.

Comment

Oh my gosh. In the last WEEK Eggy has eaten: Cat food kernel (he grimaced but ate it), a lollypop that was his, but COVERED in dirt (he stuck the wet lolly into a flower basket, then tried it), bits of chips that were on the floor...

Yeah. Maybe another one, for soothing her anxiety, but drop the bitchiness.
            In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
            She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Quoth FuzzyKitten99 View Post
              There is an issue with handling money and then food, as money can have more bacteria on it than the bottom of your shoe. We actually did this as an experiment in biology in high school.
              Not to mention the cocaine residue on about 90% of US paper currency....

Quoth Pixilated View Post
              And unless the person who used the buggy just before me has got bubonic plague, I'm not overly worried about the 'germs' they might have left on it.
              That doesn't even phase us here. We've only had 2 human cases this year....so far.

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
              Really, kids play in the dirt [if they are normal and get to go outside] and eat the dustbunnies from under the couch, and french kiss the cat, and eat the dog kibble out of the bowl. Unless they have a serious health issue, they are pretty damned resiliant.
              I tried out the dog's food a couple of times. My parents reasoned that I must have thought it was something good because the dog kept eating it!

I also played in a drainage ditch that ran behind the house. That's where I also learned that, while it's great barbeque with, it's not a good idea to run through mesquite. Evil, evil thorns. Try having this stuck in your leg!
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:N_Prop_S0162.jpg
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                That's where I also learned that, while it's great barbeque with, it's not a good idea to run through mesquite. Evil, evil thorns. Try having this stuck in your leg!
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:N_Prop_S0162.jpg
                Just looking at that makes me wince in pain!
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                  Just looking at that makes me wince in pain!
                  Heh, 30+ years later, I still remember how much it hurt digging it out. See, it didn't go straight in. Went in on angle and then broke. Wound up having to dig it out from the other end. And I still have a (very faint) scar.
                  Last edited by Pagan; 09-11-2011, 01:13 AM.
                  It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

working in a microbiology lab that tests food products for contamination, and have read my bossLady's 40 page deposition on a well known food manufacturer that used to manufacture ready-to-eat food products for children(place had higher levels of listeria, salmonella, and fecal coliform bacteria than a DAIRY BARN, with manure on the floor-as in 10 times higher), and helped with the testing of the "hand sanitizing wipes" that are also loaded with bacteria(Pseudomonas aeruginosa if anyone cares-seriously don't use them, especially if you wear contact lenses as P. aeruginosa can actually digest your cornea if it gets on your hands and onto your lenses), and the benzalkonium chloride antiseptic wipes/alcohol swabs etc. used in hospitals, that were contaminated with Bacillus cereus that killed a child, and got the company shut down by the FDA.

I'm pretty sure you touching my food, or my child's food wouldn't bother me in the slightest.
                    Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
                      ... I ate an outdoor ashtray full of ciggy butts when I was a toddling thing. After the inevitable eruption, I was fine. I agree with the "oooh... the things they put in their mouths..." :shudder: We were all like that once. I'm sorry you got yelled at.
                      I had a thing for the taste of rubber, or so I'm told. Chewed the handlebars & pedals off my sister's tricycle. My sister loves to tell the story of my embarrasing everyone by trying to gnaw on a huge display tire at the auto parts store I actually do vaguely recall the tricycle (I was 3). I blame my mother - I've been told she chewed rubber bands when she was pregnant with me cause she craved the taste. Yeah, I know, my family is weird. But it's amazing what kids eat and survive.

Madness takes it's toll....
                      Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
                        ... I ate an outdoor ashtray full of ciggy butts when I was a toddling thing. After the inevitable eruption, I was fine. I agree with the "oooh... the things they put in their mouths..." :shudder: We were all like that once. I'm sorry you got yelled at.
                        That's disgusting!

I only ate the cigarette ashes. I'd lick my finger, pick up the fresh ashes on my wet finger, lick them off and go back for more.

BlaqueLilly, that business about trying to handle money and an ice cream cone at the same time? That's always awkward. I wish shops would let you pay first, instead of trying to juggle a cone in one hand while you pay. But your customer, she was a SC.
                        Women can do anything men can.
                        But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
                        Maxine

Comment

Poop and blood. That's what the handwashing is about. While getting into a contamination routine is useful for training, you have to remember sometimes WHY you are washing- poop and blood. If neither of those is being transmitted between people, you're safe from causing a food related disease outbreak.

Same reason why I hate gloves, sanitizer and wipes- they help people to forget proper sanitation. Your hand already comes with a glove on it. It's called your skin. If your skin is dirty after doing something, so is a glove.

Argh. /endrant

Comment

And mucus. There are a lot of things that can live in mucus that you don't really want to be sharing with people you aren't already very close to.

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Sleepwalker View Post
                              Same reason why I hate gloves, sanitizer and wipes- they help people to forget proper sanitation. Your hand already comes with a glove on it. It's called your skin. If your skin is dirty after doing something, so is a glove.
                              I'd rather see bare hands than gloves sometimes. You can feel more with your hands, reminding you to wash frequently. It's too easy to forget to change the gloves. Now if you're working with something really messy, yes, use gloves and change them immediately, but working in a restaurant is rarely that messy.
                              Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Working...
                              X