This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brain to e-mail filter fail

I don't know what it is lately. but I have been having the worst trouble keeping myself polite and socially acceptable to my customers. Normally I only *think* terrible things at them when they do something stupid, but recently I've been actually saying them, and most of the time I catch it after I've hit send.

Like today, a customer whose project was mostly finished e-mailed me with a photo from another costume maker entirely, asking if her project will look like the other maker's work, because they really like the other maker's work.

And I actually replied "No it won't, and if you wanted it to you should have hired them instead."

I mean yes the question was pretty stupid, and probably rude, but I normally manage to just vent here about it, and not actually say that kind of thing straight to the customer.
    The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself. ~Cicero

See the fuzzy - http://bladespark.livejournal.com/

I think it was a perfectly acceptable answer. Some people need a mental kick.

That said, we're here more for the chance to vent safely. Still, it gave me a giggle.

Rapscallion

Comment

Me too.

Artists are unique. It's kind of a 'durr'.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I have to admit to being a bit puzzled by your customer for exactly that reason; if they reeeeeallllly love the other person's costumes so much -- why didn't they order one from the other person??

Your response was a pretty minor brain burp, IMO.

Comment

Well, her response was that she had seen the other person's stuff today and just "thought it was cute, lol" but she likes my stuff and is sure she'll be happy with what I'm making.

So at least I didn't offend her! And she wasn't being a horrible person, just maybe not the brightest crayon in the box with that one.
          The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself. ~Cicero

See the fuzzy - http://bladespark.livejournal.com/

Comment

Working...
          X